D**n snakes!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I have one hillside pasture that never gets mowed. Every time I try, I get hit by 10-12 of those nasty things. Last time it happened, I went back a few hours later and stayed well away (100') but must of gotten into another nest because I got stung another ten times!

If it were only snakes, I'd be okay up on the tractor.

Ken

Get a cab tractor. I was out mowing this summer on some deer hunting property I have. I was using a new JD of my brothers that has a cab (With A/C nice!) and I brought the loader up to shield the cab from a small branch. As I got closer to the branch I noticed that there was a soccer ball sized hornets nest on that branch. The nest ended up falling right on the hood in front of me and the loader arms and such kept it there. Kind of neat seeing those little bast@rds so pi$$ed and bouncing off all sides of the cab, and me inside the nice cool cab flipping them the bird instead of getting stung as in years past.

Gotta love the cabs....

Heres the best stuff I ever found for taking them out. Foam hits them and they can't fly.
http://www.enforcer.com/pages/outdoor_flying/wasp.yellowjacket.html

I used something like that recently; I was amazed at how little you have to use compared to the liquid sprays. The foam really stays on there and keeps working instead of just dripping off. I know what you mean about the sentry bees! I've seen a nest the size of a basketball that had two or three bees just perched waiting on the surface of it, poised to fly at whatever or whoever comes towards it.

Latest posts

Back