da Belgian and ....da Beast !!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

belgian

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
It crossed my mind a moment to name this thread "da Beauty and da Beast", but knowing that at least Thall would complain to the mods that he's much better looking than me, I decided not to take the risk for getting banned...:)

as announced earlier this week, I picked up a verrrry nice and manly saw for my collection that truly deserves the title as "da Beast". Compared to da Jewel, da Prince or the King, this sucker does not take prisoners...

Most of you know I only collect old saws, but since it's holiday period, I allowed myself an exception to the rule, it was just to nice to leave it with the previous owner, and the price was gooooood.

Let's first introduce da "belgian" in his preferred outfit and spot ...

attachment.php

no doo glue needed here....LOLOL..

and for those that have been begging to see my new price, well, here she is :

attachment.php

lookin good so far......:givebeer:

Move durn it.

Get your ugly mug out from in front of the dang saw. I wanted to see the saw dadgum it.

I was even allowed to take her in da House for a christmas pic...

yessa boss, I won't mess up da place... no worries... this type of saw does not leave oil puddles like other ..hint, hint...

attachment.php

attachment.php

yes, she looks reaaaal good, whatcha say boys !!!!

Belgian...you're blocking the saw in your pic you crazy man! Not that its not nice to see the Belgian in his desired place and attire...but get the heck out of the way ole boy! :hmm3grin2orange: Nice work bench and hat by the way! :rock:

This saw has very few hours on her and the powerhead is like new. I think she's late eighthies but the previous owner only cut a few trees with it. I put fresh fuel and she started right up after a few pulls.... brute power... I just can't imagine how she will behave in the wood.

Ultra will be glad she has a 3 leg coil ....

attachment.php

the only negative thing is that she has the old style air filter, but I know there's a replacement kit available ..

attachment.php

Very :rock: belgian. Thats the 084 in my Avatar too. Love them Bad Boys. Mine got called The Beast at the gtg's now too. Cut on :rock: .

Better put a chain on da beast - or - it just might get away from the Belgian. Nice acquisition!

Better put a chain on da beast - or - it just might get away from the Belgian. Nice acquisition!

Thanks Jim,

Now most of you know that I need this saw really as much as my mother in law, there's simply no threes big enough around here for it, unless you are a professional logger or arborist. :givebeer:

She will therefor reside on stihl avenue in my collection, together with some elder aunts...

attachment.php

Last edited:
This saw has very few hours on her and the powerhead is like new. I think she's late eighthies but the previous owner only cut a few trees with it. I put fresh fuel and she started right up after a few pulls.... brute power... I just can't imagine how she will behave in the wood.

Ultra will be glad she has a 3 leg coil ....

attachment.php

the only negative thing is that she has the old style air filter, but I know there's a replacement kit available ..

attachment.php

Nice that is has the 3 leg.......Whats up with the air filter.....Mine has the oval one....:popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks Jim,

Now most of you know that I need this saw really as much as my mother in law, there's simply no threes big enough around here for it, unless you are a professional logger or arborist. :givebeer:

Atleast the saw only yaps when you want it to.

NICE! I like. :cheers: Very nice specimen, sure doesn't look abuse.

May everyone find a beast under their trees this year..............:chainsaw:

I was even allowed to take her in da House for a christmas pic...

yessa boss, I won't mess up da place... no worries... this type of saw does not leave oil puddles like other ..hint, hint...

attachment.php

attachment.php

yes, she looks reaaaal good, whatcha say boys !!!!

The bar cover looks a bit short - get a Husky one....:ices_rofl: :jester:

NICE! I like. :cheers: Very nice specimen, sure doesn't look abuse.

Ad, I pulled the muffler to have a look at the piston before I bought it, didn't want to take a risk with a saw this big.

Clean as a whistle it was, this saw is barely broken in in my opinion. Too nice actually for a collection.....

May everyone find a beast under their trees this year..............:chainsaw

I agree absolutely. Sometimes we don't realise how fortunate we are :) :)

Last edited:
The bar cover looks a bit short - get a Husky one....:ices_rofl: :jester:

I'll be dayuuuuuum... My friend Sawtroll got out of the slammer already I see, good for you old man and nice to see you around again :cheers:

Husky don't make no bars, you heathen, that Stihl bar is OK with me, paint is a little poor, gots to admit.
If I can find a big bar for it, preferably at cost (hint, hint) , I really might consider to take the jump.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back