da Belgian and ....da Beast !!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Roland on another fine saw. I read through four pages of this thread before I even noticed the original date, but what a great way to enjoy your holiday season.

Of course, in my book, the 640 is just as nice...well not if you have to run it all day but I suspect you might get tired lifting the 084 over your head all day as well.

It seems your new job is agreeing with your saw collecting activities, nice combination.

I will be make a return trip to your region in March, I will keep you informed of the schedule and hopefully we can hook up again.

Merry Christmas!

Mark

Looks like new Roland ! A nice way to start the holidays.
I've just been given a one owner 084 with a leaned cyl & piston bet it won't be nearly a good looking as yours !!

Of course, in my book, the 640 is just as nice...well not if you have to run it all day but I suspect you might get tired lifting the 084 over your head all day as well.

It seems your new job is agreeing with your saw collecting activities, nice combination.

I will be make a return trip to your region in March, I will keep you informed of the schedule and hopefully we can hook up again.

Merry Christmas!

Mark

Hi Mark, it would be nice if you could make it again to my place. You are most welcome. My new job allows me to keep searching for oldie saws, but nothing comes for free, so my work comes always first. My wife starts complaining though that I spent too much time in my workshop on holidays, and she's probably right.

The 084 is a real brute powerwise but obviously too heavy for a lot of folks running it all day. These saws are bought by pro's but only get out of the truck for the real big jobs, which is quite rare actually, especially over here.
This one belonged to a tree worker that died of cancer a few months ago ; his son was selling all of his equipment (028, 064, 084, 660).

I bought it just for fun actually.

Merry Christmas !

Last edited:
Looks like new Roland ! A nice way to start the holidays.
I've just been given a one owner 084 with a leaned cyl & piston bet it won't be nearly a good looking as yours !!

Parts on these are very expensive, so better watch out. I pulled the muffler on this one also just to make sure, before I bought it. The pistion has still its machining marks on it, very clean.
The only pity is a small crack in the clutch cover.

Very nice Roland! These are one of the few more modern saws that I really like. I just finished the build on my second one. Neither of mine are as pretty as yours, but they run great.

Back