Dad's McCullough of ~ 1975

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canyon Angler

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey, all,

I'm trying to figure out what McCullough chainsaw my Dad had during the energy crisis in the U.S. sometime between around 1974 - 76. I looked at McCullough chainsaws on ebay, and the model 110 looks a LOT like Dad's old saw, but I seem to recall his also had some hokey thing that was supposed to automatically sharpen the chain, I think the button to do that was on the right. It also had a manual oiler, I can still feel the loop of steel wire that you pressed with your right thumb to give the bar an extra shot of oil...

Anyway, can anyone tell me what model McCulloch that might have been? And, is that model any good (maybe without the bogus "automatic sharpener") to buy and rebuild? I can't remember whether it had a chain brake...

Dad was an engineer in heavy industries, and he knew how hideous the high oil prices were, so he decided we were gonna "save money" by cutting firewood...the only problem was that all we had was a conventional fireplace, and it sucked out more heat than it made. Still have fond memories of going out with him to the "stump dump" and cutting free (if sandy) wood...

TIA for any information/advise.

I would say mini Mac 35AS. Only saw I can think of with auto sharp and Oiler over ride similar to a 110. And made in mid 70’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back