Dads nice 365 special

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave27483

Enthusiasts of the chainsaw
Reaction score
IMG_1351.JPG IMG_1352.JPG IMG_1358.JPG IMG_1359.JPG IMG_1360.JPG IMG_1361.JPG Dads birthday is just around the corner and I thought I would give his favourite saw a freshen up its a real nice 2000 model 365 special
I gave it a new OEM ring, new decomp valve, decaroned the cylinder, cleaned up and deburred the ports, deleted base gasket, muffler modded and tried my own idea of a air box mod.
Just thought I would share some pics

That's a good looking saw. The modified air filter cover looks nice.

I have a 2000 yr. 365 spcl., it does not have an open port cyl. Like yours. I have two cyls. & they are both closed port.
Interesting that the cylinders could have a different transfer design in the same year... would the be any difference in the way that open ports run to the closed ?

I just went out and looked and it is indeed a 00, I don't know what year they changed cyls. Mine has been ported by treemonky and whips up on my stock 372. Closed ports generally make more power.

I just went out and looked and it is indeed a 00, I don't know what year they changed cyls. Mine has been ported by treemonky and whips up on my stock 372. Closed ports generally make more power.
Yeah I remember reading somewhere that closed port was generally a better design
In stock form I felt this saw was a bit underpowered. But there nice to use that's for sure

Latest posts

Back