Dag Nabbit!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
! your to late andy!! I already got it... that's why the wife's car wont start!! now the remote is locked an not working? guess I will need to sue the old battery owner for having junk products! lol:(

That's about how this world works now isn't it! Well, I went and got one outta Andy's truck so if that one is in kinda poor shape I will let ya know and you can come steal this one too! And then we can have a class action lawsuit - we will both get rich!

Ted

We have a lot of that going on around here. Meth heads are going around to all the farms trying to buy the junk batteries for a few bucks. Someone said they want the acid???? I like the idea of making the hitch side on the splitter like the receiver on the truck where a person could pull the pin and remove it. Would have saved me a splitter a few years ago..

We have a lot of that going on around here. Meth heads are going around to all the farms trying to buy the junk batteries for a few bucks. Someone said they want the acid???? I like the idea of making the hitch side on the splitter like the receiver on the truck where a person could pull the pin and remove it. Would have saved me a splitter a few years ago..

That's exactly how I made mine. Seems to me the manufacturers would do this with all of them. Especially those little ones you can move by hand- until it snows anyway. Mine you need a hefty ATV at the minimum to move it.

A friend of mine is a detective with Eden Prairie police DPT. He said that he had a few overtime hours tracking down a guy steeling from business. When they caught him, they got a warrant and searched his home. $2000.00 in cash, and a lot of loot from other places. Glad they caught him!

Oh, he had a lot of meth on him too!

Yep, locks only keep the honest, honest!

Well, the landowner came home today and we got to take a look at the video's . Sure enough here comes the neighborhood meth head, in the daylight , with a multi-tool and grabbed the battery. And carried it straight as he could to his house, close to a half mile away. He went within 10 feet of 4 different cameras on his way out, making it easy peasey to ID him.

I called him and left a message stating that he was caught on multiple cameras walking out with that battery. And tomorrow he had best either have my battery back out there or a new one out there in it's place or the police will be given the video's.

So now we wait and see what happens. I sure hope he doesn't still have my old battery!:laugh:

Ted

Well, the landowner came home today and we got to take a look at the video's . Sure enough here comes the neighborhood meth head, in the daylight , with a multi-tool and grabbed the battery. And carried it straight as he could to his house, close to a half mile away. He went within 10 feet of 4 different cameras on his way out, making it easy peasey to ID him.

I called him and left a message stating that he was caught on multiple cameras walking out with that battery. And tomorrow he had best either have my battery back out there or a new one out there in it's place or the police will be given the video's.

So now we wait and see what happens. I sure hope he doesn't still have my old battery!:laugh:

Ted
fly,,your being REAL nice to that scum..............

fly,,your being REAL nice to that scum..............

I would have to agree. If he is stealing there he is stealing elsewhere. I think it would be better to actually get the man involved and get the dude locked up. At least it will give the local neighborhood a rest from burglaries, plus, just maybe, the "dryout" period might help the crook long range perhaps quit the meth. I know that is a longshot, but it is the only thing that might possibly work, long term drug free brain. It takes considerable time to achieve the brain "programming" back to sobriety, alcohol or other hard drugs. Just a day or a week isn't enough.

Get him on trespassing too...

Our Conservation Officer's pet peeve is trespassers. You want to get him to show up quick - tell him you've got unwelcome visitors. :blob2:

Here's what I did - same concept:

IMAG0932.jpg

I can make a 2" ball adapter if I ever need one easy enough. Besides theft prevention, this makes it so I can move the lunette ring to other trailers in the future rather than needing to buy more of them. My pintle hitch is on a 2" draw bar as well.

I like that concept with the hitch as well. I'll have to keep it in mind. I'm actually glad the mfg doesn't do that. If they did, thieves would come equiped to steal them which defeats the purpose.

Keep us posted on what the scumbag does. I hope he brings you a new battery. That just means that YOU shouldn't bother him about theft. Doesn't mean the land owner shouldn't nail him for tresspassing though ;)

Well, no battery out by the splitter today, which was even an extra day for him to have gotten that done, so the landowner called the sheriff and the game warden. Both of them took copies of the evidence and will be charging him with theft and trespass.
Tried to be lenient, but that didnt work.

Ted

Interesting thread and I tried my best to NOT reply. Bad idea giving him the option to return the battery. If you suspect drugs are behind the actions just call the law and drop the hammer on the dude. Drugies crimes only escalate and the sooner he is locked up the better for all. Maybe you sleep better knowing you gave him an opportunity to make good but be aware you and the land owner are now on his **** list. Likely he worn't be as considerate to your good intentions if he decides to seek revenge for his misfortune that you brought on him. Drugies deny wrong doing in their distorted view of life to support their habit. I hope you don't have any more problems but now you have to watch your back. My attitude may sound cold but crime statistics are full of victimized innocent people with good intentions.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could go back to the time when we didn't have to deal with such issues.

Latest posts

Back