Danarm 55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked on the Danarm55 Mark II a bit more today. Carburetor is a Tillotson HS with the high speed governor. Very clean, simple design and lots of room to work "under the hood".

View attachment 688019

View attachment 688020

The Damarm folks came up with a good alternative for the McCulloch style fuel line with the molded in grommet. Instead, they use a type of multi-piece combination grommet and barb fittings along with some straight fuel lines. I only had to replace the fuel filter, everything else was good to use again. I did have to replace the cork gasket in the fuel tank, good thing I received a package from Sawzilla last week with some of their Viton 10 Series fuel tank gaskets.

View attachment 688032

View attachment 688033

I ended up replacing the flywheel side bearing, both seals, the fuel filter, the spark plug boot and connector, exhaust gasket, automatic oil pump gasket, and the connecting rod bearings as well as the fuel tank gasket.

View attachment 688034

View attachment 688036

Mark
Hi Mark, I hope this finds its way to you. Can I ask where you sourced the parts for your build, mainly the crank seals? Thanks

That project was some while back, I suspect I ended up having what I needed among the collection of stuff I have collected. The PTO side was the SKF 6119 just like the 10 Series. I really don't have any idea what I ended up with on the flywheel side but it was obviously something ordinary since I had one on hand.

Mark

Thanks Mark, yes I have a 1-10 parts list and the seals appear to be the same on both sides. I can't be sure though that's why I asked. Also, I can only find them in the states and the post costs are considerably more than the seals. Thanks again, I will get there in the end.

I have made a small amount of progress, I did manage to get the bottom end of the crank case cleaned up, got started on the automatic oil pump, and did some further investigation on the crank/rod bearings. Not good...

View attachment 681729

The crankshaft and connecting rod will clean up all right for no more that this one will run. I will use some rod bearings from another 10 Series project to put this one together.

View attachment 681731

I did pull the flywheel side crankshaft bearing that was stuck and would not rotate. I found a suitable replacement in my bearing file, not a new bearing but certainly good enough for this project. My goal is to make it run, make a cut with it, then put it on a shelf to display in the museum when it get built later on this year.

Mark
In the process of rebuilding this saw ,did you have cause to replace the recoil spring ? if so would you be kind enough to furnish me with the suppliers name ,I need one for my Frontier 5R and I believe they are the same.I have tried everywhere without success.

Latest posts

Back