Danarm, what is it and is it a crime to junk it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darnz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was just given this little saw and I can't seem to work out what model it is, or if it's worth leaving in the shed, if it's worth valuable for anything then I'd like someone to make use of it, seems to have good compression. IMG_20190502_200310.jpg IMG_20190502_200257.jpg IMG_20190502_200246.jpg

I was just given this little saw and I can't seem to work out what model it is, or if it's worth leaving in the shed, if it's worth valuable for anything then I'd like someone to make use of it, seems to have good compression. View attachment 733471 View attachment 733472 View attachment 733474

These little Danarm saws were I believe Canadian made. and known by varios names..
I think they were a "frontier / Trail Saw" I used to have one here it was very handy and compact
and during the winter great for getting fallen trees off the road.

Carb is fairly standard and there is a re-build kit for it. Button on the top-handle is the chain-oiler.

I've got 2 of them I got from a retired climber. He claim they were his favorite climbing saw. He said they cut like crazy. I haven't got them running yet, but plan to at some point.

I think about everyone had a version of this saw made for them. The ones I have are half Danarm blue and half red from who knows what brand.

I've got 2 of them I got from a retired climber. He claim they were his favorite climbing saw. He said they cut like crazy. I haven't got them running yet, but plan to at some point.

I think about everyone had a version of this saw made for them. The ones I have are half Danarm blue and half red from who knows what brand.

My local husky/jred dealer would sell these new to the tree trimmers, business owners they were $159 at the time. Cheap saw if they dropped it. They would trade in non runners by the box full too. He would swap parts between them, make them run and sell them as used. Replace and recycle.........I think they were relabeled jred when new.

Latest posts

Back