Dang squirrels! Help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@VW Splitter Not many guys around here have a 16 gauge. I still have my 16 gauge Mossberg bolt action with a 2 shot clip that I bought used around 55 years ago. Got my share of deer with it.

Mine is a Remington semi automatic, holds 3 shells. It was my dads, it's got to be at least 60 years old. I have hardly ever shot it till I started having squirrl problems.

On the bird feeder try bengay on the post I hear it keeps them from comming back.

On chipmunks I use a 5 gal bucket a 5' board and a hnadfull of sunflower seeds.
fill the bucket half full and put the board over the the edge to make a ramp.
I spread about 10 seeds on the ramp and cover the water with seeds.
get one or two a day.
got 8 last week.

Chad

I still have my 16ga also from way back. I much prefer the 22 for squirrels less lead to dig out before cooking them.

:D Al

I have an old 16 ga Savage double bbl coach gun from when I was a kid back about 53 years ago. It still works fine but I find ammunition is hard to come by. I can only ever find one or two shot sizes to choose from for it. These days I use a 20 ga over and under instead. I think 20 and 12 ga are about it for a wide assortment of ammunition these days.

I have an old 16 ga Savage double bbl coach gun from when I was a kid back about 53 years ago. It still works fine but I find ammunition is hard to come by. I can only ever find one or two shot sizes to choose from for it. These days I use a 20 ga over and under instead. I think 20 and 12 ga are about it for a wide assortment of ammunition these days.
You got that right. Ammo is hard to find in different loads. At least Gander Mountain has ammo for it, even slugs.

Back