Dang squirrels! Help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@VW Splitter Not many guys around here have a 16 gauge. I still have my 16 gauge Mossberg bolt action with a 2 shot clip that I bought used around 55 years ago. Got my share of deer with it.

Mine is a Remington semi automatic, holds 3 shells. It was my dads, it's got to be at least 60 years old. I have hardly ever shot it till I started having squirrl problems.

On the bird feeder try bengay on the post I hear it keeps them from comming back.

On chipmunks I use a 5 gal bucket a 5' board and a hnadfull of sunflower seeds.
fill the bucket half full and put the board over the the edge to make a ramp.
I spread about 10 seeds on the ramp and cover the water with seeds.
get one or two a day.
got 8 last week.

Chad

I still have my 16ga also from way back. I much prefer the 22 for squirrels less lead to dig out before cooking them.

:D Al

I have an old 16 ga Savage double bbl coach gun from when I was a kid back about 53 years ago. It still works fine but I find ammunition is hard to come by. I can only ever find one or two shot sizes to choose from for it. These days I use a 20 ga over and under instead. I think 20 and 12 ga are about it for a wide assortment of ammunition these days.

I have an old 16 ga Savage double bbl coach gun from when I was a kid back about 53 years ago. It still works fine but I find ammunition is hard to come by. I can only ever find one or two shot sizes to choose from for it. These days I use a 20 ga over and under instead. I think 20 and 12 ga are about it for a wide assortment of ammunition these days.
You got that right. Ammo is hard to find in different loads. At least Gander Mountain has ammo for it, even slugs.

Latest posts

Back