Dating your saw.....Hmmmmm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that is a good question.Back in my tractor pulling days ,1937 and prior was considered antique. Classic was '37 to '60.This of course could not be applied to old saws.I would imagine,strictly on the basis of design,that about 1960 would be the cut off days for antique saws,perhaps as late as '70.It seems to me that around the '70's the saws more represented the more modern saws of today,in terms of anti vib ,power to weight etc.I've never really heard of the saws being classed but it is an interesting subject.

dunno about antique or vintage,,but old and collectable to "me" means something that takes my interest.....usually its yellow or something my father has talked/told me about.....and to think he always thought i was ignoring him ;)......

Last edited:
shades of old

Antique late 50's and earlier
Vintage late 50's and later
Old and collectable? Anything is collectible, What's old to me probably wouldn't be considered old to you Bob, with due respect.

Al Smith said:
Well that is a good question.Back in my tractor pulling days ,1937 and prior was considered antique. Classic was '37 to '60........................

Al,

Antique pulls must be different in your area. We do not have anything considered classic. Here it is 1959 and older. That was the rules in 1989 and I belive that still stands. I believe this mave have been done to keep the 4-6 cyl Deeres out. A side note is if you have a "D" JD then you had better not run 16.9x28. That was not available when the tarctor was made thus you now have a modified tractor. Now to keep my post on topic classic saws are in the eye of the beholder.

Bill

Latest posts

Back