David Bradley Info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrpy1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was recently given a David Bradley 360. I began the process of getting this saw going again and ran into one last hitch. I got it to fire but it will not run. I eventuallly gave up and took it to a shop. He says that I need a govener assembly but that none can be found. Does anyone know what model motor is on this saw. I thought it was a tecumseh but I could be way off. If anyone knows more about my plight I would be indebted. I have been on the sears websites and while that was helpful in parts and info it didnt get me anywhere near the part I need.

I remember right the one in my David Bradly was made by Power Produts Inc.

I went to that site. I could be doing it wrong but there is no info on craftsman or David bradley saws. It just has a blank sheet. Is there a place that Im supposed to put my model number in?

You can go to sears.com and enter the model number to get an IPL for the saw. This is amazing considering its over 50 years old, but I did for an old David Bradley and it was there.

Dan

Alright it looks like I have a Tecumseh Ah47 motor and a tillotson carb. I found a rebuild kit for the carb but I cannot locate on the tecumseh site any govenor assemblies. Does anyone know if there is anything aftermarket that I can user or IF there is any oem equipment out there.

The David Bradley we have is also an AH47. Attached is a schematic of the engine (downloaded from sears.com) There's no mechanical governor on this engine, so unless its built into the carb maybe the guy was mistaken stating you needed one, or maybe if your's does, it could be bypassed.

attachment.php

Good luck,
Dan

I called the mechanic and he is unsure if his terminology is correct. What he tells me is that from the attached schematic I need parts 47 through 50. Thanks again for all the info you guys are providing

Can anyone tell me what that part is called. I am determined to find it I just need a word to search on.

Back