David Bradley restoration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a coworker interested in getting his dad's old David Bradley (I think that is what it is) running. Not a full on restore, just get it functional again. Model # 917.60041
I have never worked on one of these. Is this an overly difficult task? Obviously parts will be somewhat difficult to locate, but are they hard to work on and get running?

I believe that is the same model I have. I bought mine for $30 out of a junk pile. Had great compression and spark. As long as the saw is complete and has compression and spark should be not that hard to do. You can purchase new carb kits for these saws on eBay. I put one in my saw and fires up and runs great. I don't use it much cause it's slow and heavy but fun to crank up and play with. There pretty easy to work on.
418c5402573ff319dddbc1cdf9a8571f.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Do these david Bradley's have any value. Came across a super clean running 917 in blue. Thanks
No, there are tons of them around and few if anyone looking for them. Just a curosity piece these days. A new in box one might fetch aa $100. from a collector, used ones are just worth what someone would pay for it, not much in my books. I have one in my collection, was free and delivered to me so it never cost me a cent.

Appreciate it. Seen a minty running 1 for 150$ 200$ if ya count gas $.
that`s about $125. more than I`d pay for one if delivered for free but there is always someone looking for something special to them. There is the possibility that there may be a David Bradly collector out there looking for that certain saw, the needle in the haystack though.

Latest posts

Back