Days work with my MS170, now the manual. Career advice please.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one was born knowing this stuff. I am trying to learn. There is no reason to call someone a moron because they lack experience.
It's suiting when they ignore important feedback though.
It's one thing to ask for a little help, it's another ask everything be handed to them. Lots of great literature on becoming a faller out there. Take some time to search and read.

It's suiting when they ignore important feedback though.
It's one thing to ask for a little help, it's another ask everything be handed to them. Lots of great literature on becoming a faller out there. Take some time to search and read.
Thanks, I found a few good resources.

May I suggest that landscaping is probably more suited for your "manual career"
Your little baby saw will fit right in for that type of work.
I will probably upgrade to a pro saw in the future. I like landscaping and working outside. The desk thing is awful.

Yeah sure ya did, did that "resource" tell you could drop a tree diameter 3x the length of your bar? If you don't mind, could you share a link to that resource?
Someone else said that on this thread - that was my source.

Edit: sorry it was my other thread about my ms170 performance.

May I suggest that landscaping is probably more suited for your "manual career"
Your little baby saw will fit right in for that type of work.
Hmmmm think he can actually get hired into a landscape outfit? I'd put him on leaf and weed clean up duty before brush duty.

How suiting. Maybe a previous personality of yours? Starts with Bush and ends with Ape?
The unfortunate thing about forums is not all BS can be called out and corrected.
From user Chris_In_VT

You can actually effectively cut 3x the working length of the bar with some different techniques. Not recommending it though.

I didn't see any 30" trees in sight in the video. Are you measuring circumference not diameter? Then the treeswould be around 9-10" diameter, more in line with the woods I saw.

Where do you live BTW?

My buddies friend does concrete. He came out in the woods for a few days, said doing concrete was cake in comparsion. Said he was sore in places he didn't know he had!

This **** for real? Im a vet too... does not make me think a serious felling operation is "childs play" lol. yes I was in iraq as well pulled days straight no sleep...This shtt is seriously dangerous. I only cut my own firewood and fell eastern hardwoods into open farm fields with no one in sight. My butthole puckers up everytime I start my back cut. Im working up on different diameters and angles. You want somethi g more physical? Go work with a concrete crew for a year. Best workout I ever got. I also used to do commercial landscaping. Big paver and retaining wall jobs. Best shape of my life. Just cutting firewood is a serious workout and is dangerous depending where I am cutting. I think you under estimate physcial labor. Its a rough life long hours and sweat and blood for pennies. Now fsctor In that labor with felling pnw giant wood... pffff

Your posts have proved to the whole world that you are a CLOWN with a low I.Q.

Not quite. He has quite a few of you baited in and following him around wherever he goes. You would think a guy of such low aptitude couldn't lead you all around like he has.

Not quite. He has quite a few of you baited in and following him around wherever he goes. You would think a guy of such low aptitude couldn't lead you all around like he has.
He got put on permanent ignore right after I made my last comment to him. He has way too many threads!

He's clearly qualified. As to what that is the question?? Every logging operation needs cannon fodder. Why is the posting for logging career opportunites being posted in the chainsaw forum.

Back