Dayummm old Stihl won't run

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THALL10326

The Champ
Reaction score
He said the dayumm ole Stihl won't run. I said hmmmmmmm let me have a look at it. Have you got fresh fuel mix in it I asked, he said yup. I said lets have a look at that gas in the tank, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

attachment.php

Looks like a good 50/50 mix of water and fuel mix, yup thats why she won't run I say. He says how did that get in there. I says I don't know, I didn't put it in there,LOLOLOL

Nasty.

Wow, I wonder why it wouldn't run with that, err, stuff in the tank. The tank was full, it should have started. There are still checks in the checkbook, how can I be out of money?

Mark

LOL, actually Mark the thing would start but not rev up at all. It would sputter and carry on. I told the guy get rid of his can of fuel and mix up a new can and all will be fine. I didn't charge him a penny, I figured it was worth it to do it for free just to show on here how some things happen out in the real world.

"Is that covered under warranty?"

LOLOL, why hell yeah, LOL

I bet you have seen your share of non-sense like that Spike, unreal isn't it, and lets not forget its the machines fault every single time, never the customer,hehe HOW DID THAT GET IN THERE is always the reply when you showem whats really in the tank,LOL

I get that a few times a year.. Saw comes in with water in gas and rust clogging the filter/carb. I clean it all out, tell the customer to use fresh gas and to throw out the old gas can.

The saw is back a week later and the guy is mad

1) bought a brand new can and transfered the old gas can contents into it

or

2) looked into the can, didn't "see" any water, thought I was full of it... and used it again anyhow.

sigh...

I get that a few times a year.. Saw comes in with water in gas and rust clogging the filter/carb. I clean it all out, tell the customer to use fresh gas and to throw out the old gas can.

The saw is back a week later and the guy is mad

1) bought a brand new can and transfered the old gas can contents into it

or

2) looked into the can, didn't "see" any water, thought I was full of it... and used it again anyhow.

sigh...

Exactly. Had one two weeks ago, same deal, half water, half fuel mix, same reply, HOW DID THAT GET IN THERE,LOL Last summer I had a old guy bring a little FS55 in hollering the dayumm thing won't run. Dump the fuel mix out and bingo, 75% water. Look on his truck and there sat his gas can with no top on. I saw it and it rung this bell, HOW DID THAT GET IN THERE, I think I know now,LOL

The water I can see, but what's that brown stuff floating on top? :jawdrop:

Looks more like West Texas Intermediate Crude than 2 stroke mix :dizzy:

Does your fuel mix really go that colour if you leave it for too long?

Last edited:
A little old lady brought me her selfpropelled mower that wouldnt run. Had water/gas mix,not sure what ratio,I cleaned carb and told her to throw can away. She did and now has a mower that runs great. An old man didi the same except wouldnt throw can away. Twice he brought back mower for "warranty" I showed him the bad gas I drained and told him to beat it. I just dont understand some people.:dizzy:

A little old lady brought me her selfpropelled mower that wouldnt run. Had water/gas mix,not sure what ratio,I cleaned carb and told her to throw can away. She did and now has a mower that runs great. An old man didi the same except wouldnt throw can away. Twice he brought back mower for "warranty" I showed him the bad gas I drained and told him to beat it. I just dont understand some people.:dizzy:

Amazing isn't it. You show em , you tell em and it goes in one ear and out the other most times.

Just a note for you techs outthere. Its very hard to tell if there is water in the fuel mix merely by smelling the fuel or looking in the tank. The oil mix floats on top the water as the pic shows. Looking in the tank from the fuel cap you will see the nice fuel mix but you won't see the water its floating on top of. You pretty much have to empty the tank to see the water.

its freash gas

yeah from spring of last year.... always tell anyone i speak to impty the gas can and drain and start your saw every three months with freash mixed fuel

The water I can see, but what's that brown stuff floating on top? :jawdrop:

Looks more like West Texas Intermediate Crude than 2 stroke mix :dizzy:

Does your fuel mix really go that colour if you leave it for too long?

Watch how you throw around that term "West Texas" - besides we don't drink water out here; cause it don't rain. :givebeer:

Watch how you throw around that term "West Texas" - besides we don't drink water out here; cause it don't rain. :givebeer:

Ahh, so you put the water in your gas tanks and if that's not crude oil, then perhaps it was Guinness floating on top. I knew it looked familiar...

:)

fire

Had a customer at our gas station who kept blaming us for water in his tank. We new we were clean. Third time we dropped his fuel tank to dump the water, something ignited the fumes and the place went up in smoke. No injuries, just a lot of damage. Later found where he was getting the gas - not from us. He came back a week later, went out to the burned out vehicle sitting on our back lot and wizzed on it.

It doesn't have any power,hmmmmmm

attachment.php

He says it has no power at all, hmmmmmmmmm. Runs real quiet, really, well lets have a look see. How are you mixing your fuel mix, reply uhhhhhhh I just add oil to the gas,okkkkkkkkkkkkkkk I says,LOLOL

Latest posts

Back