Dealer pricing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackjcc

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So I have really noticed lately that it costs about the same to get parts from the local dealer as it is online. Best part is not having to wait for it to ship. I picked up some 024 parts and every part was equal to or less than the internet before shipping.

Are most of you guys in that boat? I live in a fairly populated area so I'm guessing that might be why the prices are so close. I also think the increase in shipping costs has helped this out. Any thoughts?

Makes me laugh when people think online is cheaper by default. NOT TRUE. Dolmar HD AF kit, retail is $72, Baileys is $99.99, for example. Partstree.com...don't even get me started. I KNOW the real list prices.

For even money I'll order on line every time. I don't have to rush to the store before they close since they like to keep bankers hours. And I don't have to spend gas money driving out of my way.

My small dealer stocks very few parts and must order and wait for them to ship/arrive. Then, it may be 2 days before someone calls to let me know the part is in. I order online 99% of the time.

Latest posts

Back