Dealers beware

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree they are like the gestapo, we can't win. They used to dip a rag in the fuel on wire with a tip like a gun cleaning rod, changed rags each fuel tank they dipped, now they have some type of fancy sniffer they can hold up to a running exhaust on a diesel and it can tell if you are using off road fuel.
They have already beat the locking gas caps.

I bet they will do it just like the state patrol sending in defective cars to see if they pass inspection, except it will be for modifications, alterations.
They'll look to hit a couple of the largest dealers, modders to make sure the word gets out that they are bad azzes on a misson, probably target some big logging companies as well. They have to pay for all this stimulus money somehow.

I agree they are like the gestapo, we can't win. They used to dip a rag in the fuel on wire with a tip like a gun cleaning rod, changed rags each fuel tank they dipped, now they have some type of fancy sniffer they can hold up to a running exhaust on a diesel and it can tell if you are using off road fuel.
They have already beat the locking gas caps.

I bet they will do it just like the state patrol sending in defective cars to see if they pass inspection, except it will be for modifications, alterations.
They'll look to hit a couple of the largest dealers, modders to make sure the word gets out that they are bad azzes on a misson, probably target some big logging companies as well. They have to pay for all this stimulus money somehow.

I'm with ya, samething I was thinking. The little hole in the wall shops like I work in probly won't interest them much. They will go after a real big shop or business and get the word around and scare all the small ones. Seems Calif is really hitting hard. They got their own Air Control Board thing outthere and man they seem worse than the EPA. I looked at all the ones they have fine and the list is a mile long. Everything from string trimmers to diesel rigs, unreal..

2,816 trimmers huh? Lets say each one is $200 clams, that is $5,632 worth of trimmers, that cost Husqvarna $281,600 :jawdrop: I bet that mistake will not be made again LOL

Probably undercover on this site as well. Maybe already. Maybe it is Thall trying to remove suspicion from himself.

Like the kid in the back seat who farts. The first one to accuse others is usually guilty.:cheers:

Last edited:
Haha, good one. Ya know Stihl has been telling us for the last 3 or 4 years whats coming. I stocked up on alot of good models so I'm set for life. I got around 45-50 good ones so I won't need anymore saws. EPA can't do much with me at home. I do realize though they can really put a hurting on me at the shop so I'm just gonna do as I was told and not worry about them,:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Good point. Im still, building, buying and selling, but I am hanging on to some of the ones I build to keep! :cheers:

HUSQVARNA OUTDOOR PRODUCTS AND SEARS SETTLES WITH ARB FOR $281,600

In March 2005, the ARB was contacted by a California citizen that had purchased a Husqvarna Outdoor Products (HOP), trimmer from Sears that was labeled "Not for sale in California" on the exterior box.

attachment.php

malarkey

If I've read my history right, the OPE industry did this to themselves. I believe JD pushed for a bunch of legislation so they could compete with Chinese manufacturers.

Every few years the product line needs revamped=more sales/profit.

In Defiance

I promise I will modify my saws as I wish. This is in direct defiance of the pu$$ a$$ panty waste bureaucrats at the EPA. Big middle finger right at cha. In fact I'm going home tonight to burn tires, while I dump used motor oil on my drive way. :chainsaw:

Hey Tom! Is the EPA gonna fine your ass for improper pollution from all those house fires you cause?

Nope, they reward me 1000.00 per house for all the scroundrels I burn out. Business alittle slow this year, where you live Space, send me ya address,hehe

Forget to mention. We had man here not too long ago get caught using off road diesel in his truck. In fact he's a good friend of mine. Does alot of custom farming around here, bushhogging, making hay, building fences and most anything farm related. He told me they had him on the scales weighing his truck loaded with hay and out the blue he said they pulled his fuel cap and boom, $10,000 fine. He said no more off road in his truck, he learned his lesson the hard way, ouch..

I think off road diesel falls more under the DOT not the EPA. Something to do with not paying “road fuel tax” and the government wanting its 18 cents per gallon and the state wanting its 27 cents per gallon. Runnning off road diesel in an on road truck (or car!) is just like stealing from the government or making illicit liquor. Daniel Shay would be proud.
Actually the DOT has really been cracking down. If you are driving truck/trailer/chippers/landscape etc, make sure you get the proper license for GVWR, medical cards and carry the proper safety equipment. Lots of folks I know have gotten stopped recently.

Probably undercover on this site as well. Maybe already. Maybe it is Thall trying to remove suspicion from himself.

Like the kid in the back seat who farts. The first one to accuse others is usually guilty.:cheers:

I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I don't alter saws at work so I got nothing to worry about or try to hide. I'm just passing along to others whats coming down the pike. Better to know than to wind up being put out of business because you didn't know....

I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I don't alter saws at work so I got nothing to worry about or try to hide. I'm just passing along to others whats coming down the pike. Better to know than to wind up being put out of business because you didn't know....

Tommie,

BTW, that was Woodie in the back seat again.

ole joat

What would the net effect be with stricter enforcement? The government often times tries to quantify emissions/efficiency by saying something like, "Ensuring that these standards are upheld will be the equivalent of taking X number of cars off the road or closing X number of coal plants.

For example: today's announcement that cars will need to average 39mpg by 2016 was couched in this kind of language:

The administration official predicted huge environmental benefits from the program. “The projected oil savings of this program over the life of this program is 1.8 billion barrels of oil, [and] the program is also projected to achieve reductions of 900 million metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions,” the official said. “That is equivalent to taking 177 million cars off the road or shutting down 194 coal plants.”

from: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0509/22650.html

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back