Dealing with hang-ups

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would rather burn the tree in the stove and have it warm me after a ski on a cold windy January night than have it fall on my head while out skiing on that same cold windy night.

We had some 70 mph winds over the weekend so if it did not come down, I am thinking it is safe enough to clean up arround the standing tree, no more chance of that tree falling than any one of a thounsand leaners, punky poplars or dead spruce in our bush. After it is cleaned up look at setting things up to fall it as safely as possible.

We had some 70 mph winds over the weekend QUOTE]

I'll say. I was out just north of Haliburton, quoting some jobs late Friday afternoon and could not believe how hard it was blowing. Thought we might be in for a micro-burst (or worse) however it was just a good wind storm.

I agree with Bermie, that tree looks well stuck, and if last friday's wind didn't break the tree it was leaning on, it would most likely stay until it rots and falls.

My offer is still up to have a look.

Last edited:
Back