decent drvice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kowens

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just bought this off someone who was selling all his gear
can anyone tenn anything about it
thanks ken

I'll try to remember the name some of the guys I did high rises with used them, Its a great brake tube for super long rappels. The device is spring loaded, and to descend you have to pull down on the tube. Not much application for tree work but if you got a good price keep it around.

I got it its a Genie, and it does work good like I said you pull down on the tube to descend and release to stop. How much did you pay for it?

Its used mainly by window washers, it attaches the platform (board/seat), that they sit on & to their suspension line. (Rope lines only). My two cents anyway. HC

Last edited:
You mean sit on, its called a Bosun's chair. Not all lines work with it. No three strand, kernmantle is fine. The company that produces that device has their own line for it looks like a nylon double braid, very bouncy.

Originally posted by hobby climber
Its used mainly by window washers, it attaches the platform that they stand on to their suspension line. (Rope lines only). My two cents anyway. HC

Hey Hobby
How's tricks!:)
I talked to a window dude one day as he was touching down. He had a descender like that!
We had a good chat, those window boy's are kind of like long lost cousins eh!
Later
John

I'm not sure if it is my uncle dusty that gave it to me but I have one of those rope cable clamps. I thought they used it in iron working or utility. I have it sitting in the pile of stuff that I have and don't use. I know Ebay right?

Treeman14 said:
Those are made for cable (wire rope).
That could be though that Miller grab has nowhere the rating of a Havens wire grip. The Millers get sold as a "rope" grab.

FWIW I have never felt comfortable with a simple whipped eye. However the literature shows that they are tremendously strong when done properly.

Latest posts

Back