Decent Score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob95065

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Thursday I answered a craigslist ad for free eucalyptus and didn't hear back. After work I ran 4 miles then went to a friend's house to cut down a dead tree. I dug the stump out and wound up with a 1/4 truckload of bone-dry wood.

I was drinking a glass of water when the eucalyptus guy called. It turns out he is an arborist and did a removal. I went to the job site and got a truckload of wood. He said he has more removals coming up and he would call me when he has rounds available. God is good!100_1097.JPG 100_1098.JPG

You did good. Euc is good wood, I used to cut it when I lived in the Sac Valley. We had a big grove of it on the ranch.

If I ran 4 miles it would be nap time in the shade...like open box of tools, crawl under truck..snooze.....stealth naps....

Seems like an extremely productive day. Never burned Euc but seems like it would burn hot.

WOW! Great shape for that truck.
A 1997 would never be around here looking like that. Maybe a 2007.
Our cars usually last about ten years here in Southern Ontario.
Lots of snow and salted roads eats 'em up fast.
It goes from -35 degrees in Winter to +98 degrees in the shade in Summer here, on average.
Wish I could find a 1995 Jeep YJ in "California" mint condition.

I grew up in Illinois and we has similar weather. The road salt would trash cars in about 10 years like you said. When I moved here I couldn't believe the classic cars people were using as daily drivers. I had a 20 year old Honda i bought used at 10 years old and drove for 10 years. The body had no rust and it had the original muffler. Cars out here last as long as they are maintained and not hit by dumb drivers. I hope to have my truck a very long time.

Watch craigslist out here for a YJ and take a vacation to pick it up.

Latest posts

Back