Decisions, decisions...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut a lot with a 353 the last three years.I highly recommend it. There's very little vibration in the handles,it's very light with good power.I haven't tried the Stihl ms280 but the two stihls I have are quite buzzy

That buzzy feel is POWER. You probably never felt it before until you ran them:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

kw1980.
I just purchased a ms310 for $399 new in Oregon.
I was looking at the ms270/280's and decided to go up to the heavier duty chain and bar of the ms290. Then I actually thought about getting the "case deal" with case, hat and extra chain for 29.99.
I figured I might as well take the 29.99 add 10 bucks to it and get the 310.
Same basic saw with more cc and power but better power to weight.
I like it a lot so far. My stihl dealer is less than 9 miles from my house.
I too am new here and just learing, but I did alot of research and feel for the 399 I got the best saw/dealer combination for me.

BTW isn't a "Dolmar" a double compartment fuel canister? lol
Just kidding, I actually wish there were a dolmar dealer close to me so I could have atleast considered them. But all the loggers and dealers here in the Northwest go with Stihl and that is 4:1 over even Husky, a great saw.

If I had the 600 bucks I would have looked at a pro saw from Stihl, but I was
locked in at a max of 400 bucks.

Let us know what saw you get and take a few pics of it!
I love pics!

Here are a few...
The first is my new saw, the second is me at VOG on protected BLM land in the Oregon Coast Range. (Doug Fir)

Back