decompression button

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
the new 440 arrived yesterday! i read the manual last night and saw the use of the decompression button....pushing it in before staring. just curious as to what it does....the manual really don't explain the function (unless i missed it). what does it do? relieve the pressure in the cylinder head?
thanks.... also, do i understand the use of it?

It makes the pull cord easy to pull, which saves on wear and tear on the following parts: starter cord, elastostart handle, recoil mechanisms, wrist, elbow, shoulder, and others.
If you are starting the saw cold, the button will have to be pressed again after the saw "pops" when choking.

bud thats rite much saw. be careful as she aint gonna be as safe until u learn it,, as the little saws. i say this as not knowing what a decompression is ,indicates mabe not too much experience. dont mean to be a smart aleck. in my work im a stickler for heading off possible dangerous situations.congrats on u saw ,an have fun.

thanks for the info, had i good idea of the function, but just wanted to be sure. apreciate all the feedback!!

tony marks....never too many reminders of safety at all!!
i am well used to the 18" 38CC's, but this is my first serious saw. gonna go through the whole manual before i fire it up, than work on some downed lengths i have in the back and a few small trees to get the feel of it...definitely won't start serious work till i feel comfortable with it and get to know it.....safety first always!! like i said, never enough reminders and pointers on safety!

Good luck,be safe.As compared to the little saw you have been running,you will think you have a tiger by the tail with that 440 .

Latest posts

Back