Desperately Needing Work!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdslocum

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Looking for work in new haven county or anywhere else in CT. Climber Bucket operator with 5 years experience.

How are you "desperately needing work" in ####ing Connecticut? Have you stepped outside? If I was looking for a climber/bucket operator in that state right now this type of post would scare me. Anyone worth there salt ( and many that aren't ) up that way is absolutely buried in work right now.

How are you "desperately needing work" in ####ing Connecticut? Have you stepped outside? If I was looking for a climber/bucket operator in that state right now this type of post would scare me. Anyone worth there salt ( and many that aren't ) up that way is absolutely buried in work right now.

I was going to post the same thing. Every time I see a "needing work" post I always have to wonder. Skilled tree people are in great shortage in almost every part of the country and have been for a while. All I have ever had to do to find a job is make a phone call or two, hell after the last storm we had people were calling me wondering what it would take to come work for them.

I was going to post the same thing. Every time I see a "needing work" post I always have to wonder. Skilled tree people are in great shortage in almost every part of the country and have been for a while. All I have ever had to do to find a job is make a phone call or two, hell after the last storm we had people were calling me wondering what it would take to come work for them.

Yup, even mediocre climbers are in HIGH demand in that state right now. I know this for a fact since I am one and am being compensated handsomely to travel there any day I have free. I won't blame the kid with shiny new doodads for posting and trying to network but it's not exactly hard to start a liability policy and walk down the block to get work over there right now. If you're "desperate" for work in Connecticut there is something wrong.

KD...In the help wanted section today of the CT Post, there is a few in Ffld county.....I would snatch 'em up, but I have no climbing exp........

A couple of old folks in our church desperatly requested prayer for their son to find work here in the U.S. While he was home from afghanastan.
The Afghan Company called last week. Said they wanted him back immediately, and needed a return call no later than 3:00pm.
He was getting ready to call at 2:55pm when the phone rang. It was a local company with whom he had a job application . Said; "he was hired". Prayer works, try it.

A couple of old folks in our church desperatly requested prayer for their son to find work here in the U.S. While he was home from afghanastan.
The Afghan Company called last week. Said they wanted him back immediately, and needed a return call no later than 3:00pm.
He was getting ready to call at 2:55pm when the phone rang. It was a local company with whom he had a job application . Said; "he was hired". Prayer works, try it.

hahahahhahahahahahahahahaaha

ive noticed that none of you are from the state of CT, So how the f##k would you know. id rather work at a place that is safe and relible instead of the hundreds of knock off companies where im going to end up hurt or dead. you dont know my circumstances or what ive been doing to try and find work. why dont yall stop sitting on ur thumbs and be thankful for the jobs you have and help a guy out. if you cant id appreciate you to keep ur mouths shut and take ur heads outta ur as#es.

ive noticed that none of you are from the state of CT, So how the f##k would you know. id rather work at a place that is safe and relible instead of the hundreds of knock off companies where im going to end up hurt or dead. you dont know my circumstances or what ive been doing to try and find work. why dont yall stop sitting on ur thumbs and be thankful for the jobs you have and help a guy out. if you cant id appreciate you to keep ur mouths shut and take ur heads outta ur as#es.

I have been in your shoes before, what I did was google tree services in xxxxx and get on the phone. After a few phone calls and a few brief conversations I had multiple interviews set up. If you are worth your salt, HAVE PROOF OF YOUR SKILL LEVEL and QUALITY REFERENCES there are very few companies that will pass on hiring a skilled person no matter how slow they are. Tell me where in CT you are located and I will shoot out my resume to a few companies and see how long it takes them to get back to me.

Connecticut? Nope, I wouldn't know a thing about it. lol

View attachment 208008View attachment 208010

Get off your ass and go find a job.

Wow! Talked with the old couple Sunday Morn about that job application. He applied for it in 2008. Coincidence? Naw!

I agree and now, after all these years, I am hesistant to set foot on another person's jobsite.

pretty sad.

I just got back from there and I live 750 miles away.

I made $4k in a week and a half just climbing and it wasn't hard to find work. I was turning it down. I still have people wanting me to come back up.

ct work

Sounds like it might be worth a trip up to CT for a week if I can make 3K up there. Guess no bodys got the exp or just don't want to travel a bit. That can be made down this way NP when things are busy.

Latest posts

Back