Detailing a chainsaw ,the official PSP thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am picturing you pulling up at the traffic light with the top down on a vintage mustang, next to a young punk in his daddy's Porsche "bumpin' da jamz" on daddy's stereo. You give him the eye and he turns down the craptastic white noise enough to yell out the window "wanna race old man?" with a sneer on his face that clearly says he disrespects humanity and is worth less than a pre-chewed lump of double bubble on the bottom of a bus stop bench. Your face is alight as you yell back over engines and urban thump " hell yeah lets go little girl!!!!". His expression changes from dazed teen apathy, to confusion to terror, as you pull the Hybrid from behind the seat and pull start/piss rev it in the street. As he races off to find another hit of Molly he realizes that perhaps his life experience to this point has not provided him with a basis to truly understand that he is more of a tool than your saw. You shake your lion's mane of shoulder length sun bleached hair as your throw back your head and laugh at the top of your lungs in perfect harmony to the pitch of the wide open spinning steel (Stihl).

Tarantino could probably direct the scene with the edge that it deserves, but you would probably both have to scream the "N" word a couple of times if he did.
I think you missed your calling...this $hit is priceless! Lol

If your saw ices up ,put duct tape on the lower half of the recoil cover to restrict airflow so the saw warms up ,if you had a stihl you could polish the factory winter cover ;)View attachment 471021
Yes there is lots to learn what to do and what not to do. I use the flock filter, year round the powder goes through the mesh as does that fine Fir bark dust among others. It eats the plating. I sometimes tape off the top half and always kick the snow away and lay the saw on the outside of the full wrap. and not on the belly ever. I have used the plastics cut from milk jugs and rasied up so the the air can go under. When the trees are snow loaded and I may have to wedge then I hit it with my axe three or four times quick and get out of the way until things settle before starting cuts. It sucks when your saws In the cut, starter side up and it gets pounded but it happens. Heated carb is best. Short of that, don't bring it by heat unless you completely dry it out and tear down the carb. You will still need to fire it up as soon as you go outside and keep it running on the way to work or It may not start after the truck ride I'll use straight Iso alcohol down the throat, if it starts racing in the day (Icing up) some ISO in the gas to try to prevent that.

Restriction of air will give it less cold air.
but you are still blowing very cold air in the air box so how does that heat the carb?

:clap: Bravo big dawg :laugh:

im doin the interview with diamond dave tomorrow.

The documentary is called : the AS chronicles..a tale of punishers and polishers.
Sounds awesome, I would punish one of my saws of no return to be a part of the writing team and film it. I also wrote a parody song for the polishers this morning. Just before I went out of service I paste copied Van Halen's
"Panama" over so I could 'play with it.
We could do better but I had a half hour to kill and they need something now.
It's important I think.
OK Mulch the saw? throw it in a herd of 100 big horns with treats inside or drop it out of the helli on the rock from a few thousand feet?
IMG_20151203_091455702_HDR.jpg IMG_20151203_091523453_HDR.jpg 20141202_150141.jpg IMG_20151201_092750264.jpg

That's some of the deepest sh!t I ever read on this website...it's not just the 12 beers either.
No No ..I know, and a couple of fatties too...jk:yes::hi:

Btw It was all true except me asking the Falling partner if we could polish our saws, and the freezing of the saws part. That's what would have happened if we warmed them up thought. Snow turns to water, water to ice and ice is the enemy. So as we were on the program the falling partner was driving this morning I thought I would ask the question.. Lol. ..you know the one to do with polishing saws. I kept playing it through my head and I was looking at him BUT I just couldn't find a way to say the words. Maybe it's funnier to me not saying anything.

I made it through the first four pages, and then just said, "phuck it" and skipped ahead.

Those four pages were quite educational, and helped me reach some realizations......

1. @Definitive Dave must hear voices, and/or dropped some LSD at some point.

2. @Westboastfaller ditched English class, a lot.

3. @SAWMIKAZE should write a satirical comedy.

4. @Gologit is good at drowning Stihl saws.

5. @thomas1 is still one of the funniest guys on AS.

Van Halen's song "Panama" has sadly been ripped off and butchered for the SPC's anthom. I am not sure how I feel about this. Anyway..as follows:

Jump back, What's that shine?
Here she comes, full wax and worth the time
Hot like new, spermin' down the avenue.
Model citizen very discipline
"Don't you know she's coming home with me"?
You'll abuse her if you get a turn.

POOOlishER.....POOOlishER
POOOlish-ER- ER-ER.- ER -ER POOOlisher

Ain't nothin' like it, my shiny machine.
Got the wheel for appeal, keep the sitting parts clean.
Hot! Lookin' new, enclosed case down the avenue,
Cuttin' trees in the living room

"Don't you know she's coming home with me"?
You'll abuse her if you get a turn.
" I'll GET HER"!

Yeah, my aim is a little bit off tonight.
I can barely see the Chrismas tree from the shine comin' on
Ah, I reach down, between my legs, and squeeeeeeze the polish on
She's blinding, I'm flying,
As clear as a rear-view mirror now.
It got the meal, the power wheel
Piston stoppin' panty dropin' . . ain't no spots on her nooooooow!

POOOlishER.....POOOlishER
POOOlish-ER- ER-ER.- ER -ER POOOLISHER

You must not have to polish much, since nobody ever burns more than 3 tanks before they sell them.
That's 'cuz most can't handle what the Monkey makes... I have 2 now (and a modded muffler for my 562) from Him. They ain't going ANYWHERE, besides out to ranches and farms to cut firewood. I did keep a Pull-on to lend out for the uninitiated though.

I made it through the first four pages, and then just said, "phuck it" and skipped ahead

Quitter
:sweet:
You missed all the good stuff like WBF carrying a froze up 390xp and broken helicopter across the tundra shirtless and the creation of a new politically correct class of saw collecting -
Working queens for saws that pimp hard all day and relax In a feather boa at night with a nice glass of Chardonnay
Dave:muscle:

I made it through the first four pages, and then just said, "phuck it" and skipped ahead.

Those four pages were quite educational, and helped me reach some realizations......

You are a true and dear friend, Jonathan.

You are a true and dear azzhole..lol

I use Dr. Mechanic (Dr. Mecanico), you can search it in eBay (yellow gallon, then brush it with a round mechanic brush, which you can buy from Harbor Freight for about 3.99$, then head lights Mcguire or mother plastic restorer or motorcycle helmets spray cleaner. It works for me very well. The more you do it, the better it looks and the easier to do. I will post some pics of my chainsaws soon.

Sammy777

Look for Sammy 777 (Chainsaw stickies, so you can see my pics of my chainsaws (394xp and 262xp) Thank you.

Sammy777

Quitter
:sweet:
You missed all the good stuff like WBF carrying a froze up 390xp and broken helicopter across the tundra shirtless and the creation of a new politically correct class of saw collecting -
Working queens for saws that pimp hard all day and relax In a feather boa at night with a nice glass of Chardonnay
Dave:muscle:

See now this is how rumors get started.
It was a 372.

^^^ did cut on a burn pile of MPB with just bug eyes, faller pants, ear plugs and Boots in the snow one day and the Bell 214 HU-1 (Huey) droped in and picked me up early as bad weather was coming in.
We flew low up the south Smokey River.
He landed twice on the river banks and waited for a window. I got quite the sunburn that day.probably month of March, 2008 .

:yes: :laugh: :yes:

I wonder if his superior sentence structuring pays him $600 per day?

I think your superior writing skills just may be going to waste on this site Jon.
Unless ? you may be trained to teach English in 'unorthodox' methods? That would be great! You could follow me around this site and post after me with little corrective lessons and I could flip you a few bucks. Of course your reply will no doubt be " There isn't enough money in the world to have to suffer through that" or something to that effect. So I would say kindly skip over my posts in future.

I did read you saying "its time I get a REAL job soon".
What has become of a grown man?
If you aren't qualified to teach the said job above or dosen't seem manly enough then I have another standing offer. Come into my wheel house. You can float under my company. I'll pay ya cash to come to work for me in the new year between January - April some time.
Bucking limbing throwing green frozen blocks & burning of beetle wood (fall & burn) The Money is good if you are. It will be east side of the Rookies for Alberta forest service so you don't have to produce work tickets.I'm dead serious. So who thinks he should man up to the offer.???
Clear enough. Come on Jon

Dayum! I thought we were continuing our usual back and forth "banter".

Apparently I have hurted yo' feelings.

Muh bad.......

Latest posts

Back