Devil's Walking Stick

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolbrze

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Is this clump of sm. trees Devil's Walking Sticks?

DevilsWalkingStick1.jpg

DevilsWalkingStick2.jpg

DevilsWalkingStick3.jpg

I don't know the answer to your question but I must say that you have some damn nice equipment listed in your signature considering you are from Northern Virginia. Do you own your own small business?

If I was to ever grabbed ahold of one of them in the woods I would think yes, that is the Devil's walking stick. But I could be wrong.

I can't quite tell from the pic, but if the leaves are double compound, then it is likely devil's walking stick. If the leaves are only singly compound, then it might be prickly ash.

The more I look at it, I'm pretty sure it's DWS.

I can't quite tell from the pic, but if the leaves are double compound, then it is likely devil's walking stick. If the leaves are only singly compound, then it might be prickly ash.

The more I look at it, I'm pretty sure it's DWS.

The leaves made me think it was Ash, but I wouldn't know.

I like berries. :D. I saw where it is used under windows (awesome!) but couldn't find any reference to infection after contact.
Its sheds late summer and fall , and when you come in contact with the dry thorns , if you don't dig them out immediately the next day you will be hurting for sure

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4578680614420890&pid=1.7&w=243&h=154&c=7&rs=1 the yellow hurt more , and who do you want to get torn up your daughter or any unwanted guest ? or both !

Both, of course! :D. No, we have really good girls. If they start sneaking around our backs, then we have failed somewhere. But I don't think that will happen. I like the idea of using them to keep people OUT. Makes sense to me, just effective as bars without looking tacky or paranoid.

Back