did 361 replace 360?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nateskate

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've got a 500 budget and from research on the site it seems like most would opt for the 360 over the 390. I wonder if I can still get a 360? I know everyone likes the 361 but 500 is pushing it to me and 600 is out of the question. I'd like to get my saw local at our Stihl dealer so dont think I'll get a used one or one off ebay. Are 360s stihl available?

Unless you luck into one that has been sitting on the shelf, no. They were discontinued in favour of the 361 a couple years back.

fishhuntcutwood said:
You'll see 360's on ebay, as well as 036's, which the same saw. The 360 and 361 are completely different saws, but the 036/360 was a good saw on it's own. FWIW, I'd rather have a used 036/360 than a new 390.

Jeff

yes, 100% MS360 over 390... for similar money. Hard to find a good used one though, unless from a "homeowner". "Pro's" don't tend to move them on unless they are toast, which is anecdotal evidence that they like them:) . On the other hand, they rebuild easily... so your dealer may have a used saw one from time to time. When I rebuild them for resale, they are usually spoken for before they are off the bench, so ask your dealer in advance...

if u get the 036 ,u will have a fine saw. tip adjust the oiler wide open. the only complaint i ever had was if i buried the 20 inch in hardwood. it tended to run dryer than i like. sometimes the bar got pretty hot.but thats not something to
stop me from buying another one.

You should be able to get a new 361 for around $550. I have a good 036 parts saw for sale. If you are interested then PM me.

I've got a 360 and 390 that I would sell. 390 in excellent condition; 360 is very good+. Take ur pick.

PM me if your interested...

Dave

Latest posts

Back