Did I take it in the shorts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry right now..

I'd say you got a wicked deal.

How come pawn shops in my area only sell disc mans from 1992 and old speakers?

I'm sure the new one did hurt a little more but sometimes it's nice to get a new shiny saw. Glad to see you posting again around here. You been real busy this spring?

I usually try to keep new saws on the job, but once in a while I have to satisfy my wheeling & dealing addiction. :hmm3grin2orange:
I've been busier than a cat coverin' up crap on a tin roof. 240 acre thinning job, total removal, and mastication. I've got to have it complete by Dec. 31 2011. It's a government job and they want everything done, filed, sent, audited, and kept on computer. So I haven't had much desire to be on the computer for fun.

Andy

Sounds like you've been real busy. I guess that's a good thing for you. I like to wheel and deal myself. Maybe that's why I've had aobut 7 saws this year already.

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry right now..

I'd say you got a wicked deal.

How come pawn shops in my area only sell disc mans from 1992 and old speakers?

Probably be better if you just go ahead and laugh. It takes a lot less out of you.

The only explanation I can come up with is the pawn shop is on the edge of an Apache reservation. For some reason those guy's seem to be willing to pawn some pretty good stuff for next to nothing. Times are pretty tough around here, and I think the pawn shop was just glad to turn those saws back into cash.
I could have probably got a really good deal if I would have offered to buy all of their saws (they had about 10), but I was in the wife's jeep and 2 was all that would fit.

Andy

Take it in the shorts? Hell, mine woulda been filled runnin' across a deal like that!

And I thought I did good only paying $265 for my 044. Silly me.:laugh:

Poge

Hahaha. Yeah, deals like this don't come along every day. They were asking more than $265 each for these saws when we started out. I was just having some fun, but I think they were just glad to see someone in their store with a couple of bucks in their pocket. I'll definately be stopping in this pawn shop from time to time, trying to help them out a little if I can.
$265 sounds pretty good on an 044 to me.

Andy

Hope they work out well for you Andy, that's one hell of a deal.

You've been my poster boy for running the Dollies, if anyone ever said "name a pro cutter that runs them" I always pointed your direction. Now I'll have to find someone else :laugh:

I have called your local Police Department and reported you for stealing those saws.........

200 bucks each was a great deal. Good running 440 will bring at least twice that on Ebay. You could probably pick your favorite, sell the other and end up with a free saw out of this deal.

You called cloudcroft pd? And got an answer? lolz good luck with that!

Last time I was in cloudcroft there was one more cop than traffic lights...

Hope they work out well for you Andy, that's one hell of a deal.

You've been my poster boy for running the Dollies, if anyone ever said "name a pro cutter that runs them" I always pointed your direction. Now I'll have to find someone else :laugh:

There's nothing at all wrong with Dolmar's, they make a real good saw. It's their dealer support that sucks. One of the Dolmar dealers here actually told me that the warranty starts when he orders a saw. If he has a saw in stock for 6 months then the consumer only gets 6 months of warranty. If he's had the saw in his store for a year then the consumer is paying full price for a saw with no warranty. Both dealers close to me carry absolutly 0 stock of parts. No matter what you need, it has to be ordered.
They kinda made fun of me at the Stihl dealer when I bought my new 460. I just looked them in the eye and said that after several years of running many different brands of saws, one thing I learned was that a good servicing dealer was worth more than any name written across a saw. The owner of the store smiled and said "good answer".

Andy

Ya done good. If these saws are to be used by employees, you can't go wrong. Tough ####ers to kill. There is a reason the 44 is the landing saw of choice around here. I've had one 46 and didn't particularly like it, but it never gave me a bit of trouble - Stay busy - Sam

Latest posts

Back