did jonsered make a 2171?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseldodge

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Before I get the "do a search" I already did. I was wondering if jonsered made a 2171. Saw has no side cover and no starter assembly so I cant tell what it is. Looks like the tag saws 2171. Second question does anyone have either cover that they want to sell. Saw has a side chain tensoner screw. thanks for any help.
jason

yes they made a 2171, 2171WH (heated handels)

Do you want to sell it? I need another red husky

Yes they do"still" make the 2171 and it's one of their best selling saw ever. The Josered dealer here sells around 75-2171's a year.Husquvarna 371/372 are pretty much the same underneath the plastic.

I didnt really want to sell.I would like to fix it up. That is what I was wondering. I didnt know if the parts to the 371 and 372 would fit this saw. mainley the sproket cover and the pull start cover. I guess that I will try to find husqvarna covers if I cant find jonsered covers.
jason

WOW that was close I almost bought a starter cover to a husqvarna. glad that I didnt . I guess that I can still look for a husqvarna side cover. thanks
jason

dieseldodge said:
Sorry I just wanted to clarify. A 2071 side cover wont fit but the starter cover will. And a side cover to a 371 or 372 will fit. jason

The 2071 bar side cover will fit, but does't have the side chain adjuster. This is the same cover as a 371. The chain adjustment bolt was inside by the dawg. Kinda like a 365 and a 365 special. the special had the side adjuster, and the regular didn't. The 371 didn't have the side adjuster, as that was one of the minor changes between the 371/372. So too make a long story short, the 2071 and 371 cover will work if you get the chain adjustment bolt and pin for those models or a 365 non special model. The chain adjuster is about 10 bucks or so.

-Steve

Last edited:
I edited the post to add more info.

but yes 2071/2171 starter cover or 2171/372 for a direct fit

although the 2071/365/371 bar cover can be made to work

are you sure you don't want to sell it? I have too many 372's and want a red version, lol.

The starter cover off of a 365/372/371 may bolt on an work ,but there will be a 1-2" gap at the top between the starter cover and top cover. The bolt pattern for the starter housing and the pawls for the flywheel should bolt on and work, it just won't be pretty.

dieseldodge said:
.... I was wondering if jonsered made a 2171. ....
You have got a lot of good info, but nobody really answered the quoted question.
Even though the 2171 surely exist, most likely the correct answer is NO!.
Jonsered probably never made the 2171, Husqvarna made it for them!
:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Hey freakingstang what kind of trade do you have in mind. I know that you said that it was a 372 but what shape. The 2171 like I said needs both side covers. If you want give me a PM and maybe we will talk.
jason

SawTroll said:
You have got a lot of good info, but nobody really answered the quoted question.
Even though the 2171 surely exist, most likely the correct answer is NO!.
Jonsered probably never made the 2171, Husqvarna made it for them!
:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:
Now Troll you should know better than this. Both saws were made by Electrolux, which is the parent company of both the Jonsered and Husqvarna brands.

spike60 said:
... Both saws were made by Electrolux, ...
Yes - sort of, but the Husqvarna factory is where it happens.

It is nothing new, the Jonsered 630, 670 and 625 were made at the Husky factory as early as in the 1980s, at the same assambly line as the Husky 162 family of saws ......

Back