Did Mr. Dolmar flunk math?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the US just fully adopted what is the international standard and finally did away with a dead end system of measure, there wouldn't be a problem.....
Even the Poms finally gave up, and they invented it.... :monkey:

and now I've lobbed that grenade, I'll just exit, stage right :greenchainsaw:

But its an ENGLISH measurement that we use here. Not 'Merican. Miles, pounds, inches, feet, and er, what was that mixup that caused the Mars lander to scream into the surface? One group was using SI, and the other metric? Even using non-English measurements there are discrepancies.

So, what does the Dolmar 420 weight in stones?

but remember, the US is the "mother of all nations"
and as a leader of "the free world" everyone, every dog
and every spider must speak english and call themselves
christians or risk gettin' blown to bits...

or something like that

Como? Que? Aqui en, "El Norte" nosotros hablamos Espanol.

Last edited:
So, what does the Dolmar 420 weight in stones?

Dolmar PS-350: Net weight 4.7 kg - 0.740123469601822 Stone
Dolmar PS-420: Net weight 4.8 kg - 0.755870777465691 Stone

Dolmar PS-350: Net weight 10.3 lb - 0.735714285714286 Stone
Dolmar PS-420: Net weight 10.6 lb - 0.757142857142857 Stone

BUT.... the expression is Stone - LB... So as the PS-350 is less than 14lb, the correct expression is 0 Stone 10 lb 4.8 oz... or.. skip the "stone part" so it's still 10 lb 4.8 oz...

Once, when I was much younger, I was 11 Stone 4....

Last edited:
I tried to bep you for that Andy... ;)

Good work. I like the acuracy.

Wow, 9 members viewing this thread that I started?

Last edited:
Maybe those are German pounds? :cheers:

Hi,

no, German pounds are 0.5kg so they are still off mark. By the way, we didn't invent the Imperial system I seem to recall from history lessons that it was the Italians (it was forced on us during their tour of Europe...).

Bye

Hi,

no, German pounds are 0.5kg so they are still off mark. By the way, we didn't invent the Imperial system I seem to recall from history lessons that it was the Italians (it was forced on us during their tour of Europe...).

Bye

Heck, I was making a joke. I didn't know there were actual "German pounds." :cheers:

you people are wayy too good at math...

anyone wanna pass my algebra class for me?

i'll buy you two 090Gs, a 3120, an 066, and two mint 440s...mint :notrolls2:

Oh come on windthrown stop being so damn technical. LOL It's only a pound here or a pound there. Them their Germans might get pissed off at us again and we might have to kick their azz again. I wonder if their off that much on their c.i. and cc's.:monkey: :monkey: Just wondering!:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

Last edited:
Back