Didier splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're running!

Ok, guys. Everything is hooked up and it's running great! Split 4 or 5 logs of varying size and hardness and everything seems to be A-OK. No leaks or anything. Since I had to do some work on the hydraulic tank, I went ahead and replaced with the TSC fluid (46).

Thanks for all the help guys. This has saved me so much $$$ http://www.arboristsite.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Ok, guys. Everything is hooked up and it's running great! Split 4 or 5 logs of varying size and hardness and everything seems to be A-OK. No leaks or anything. Since I had to do some work on the hydraulic tank, I went ahead and replaced with the TSC fluid (46).

Thanks for all the help guys. This has saved me so much $$$ http://www.arboristsite.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Cool. Clean up the rust on the hydraulics and put some paint on it and it's look really sharp.

Looking for info on Didier splitter model SC26A

Hi folks, great site and thread.
I am looking for information on my Didier splitter model SC26A. In particular i would like to know how many tons it is rated at and pump gpm. It has a Honda GX140 engine however looking at pictures here I don't think it's original. In fact it also looks like the cylinder has been turned 90 degrees and the oil tank raised with a couple of 2x6s. Issues I'm having seems to be common such as leak from the cylinder and the valve. The handle snapped on me so I put a longer home made lever. I plan on raising the beam for better ergonomics however there is also the issue of the exhaust going in the direction of the operator. For this reason, when I lift the beam off the base, I may also spin the base 180 deg so that the muffler is away from me. If I can get that clip out of the cylinder do you reccomend that I replace the seals myself or just bring it to a hydraulic place? I did find a seal kit for the Cross valve which is P/N 2V0003 although it is $30.
Any info and manual is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Max.

any info on my splitter?

Hi Folks.Can anyone give me any info on my Didier splitter,it's a model #SB26 code 5H serial number 236579. I bought this used so I don't have the manual or any idea of when it was made ect. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Ed

Hello, everyone.. I just purchased Didier 20ton splitter for $300. The oringinal motor did not run but after cleaning the carb and points, it run great. The next step was to try to cylinder to see if it works. Well it works but is leaking out the front seal ALOT. Can someone send me the owners guide and the seal kit part numbers. Thanks.. This looks like a great forum. tx Todd

h20togo:

Welcome to the "Didier Family" here on AS!

Shari

HI Shari, It look like you are the godess of Didier log splitter. I'm need to replace the seals and my newly purcased Didier splitter. Can you please forward me the owner manuals and any other documentaion for the seal replacing proceudres would be great. Thanks in advance . Todd

Todd,

Files are already on the way to you.

The manuals won't help with replacement seals as Didier is no longer in business. Your best bet is to connect with either a farm implement dealer or hydraulic parts store for replacemtn seals.

I took my entire cylinder in to a farm implement store. They located comparable parts, installed the new parts and I was out the door for around $80.

PS I think the largest stock tonnage Didier made was 12T. If you are sure yours in more T's, then it may have been altered from original equipment.

Shari

manual for didier splitter

does anyone know where I can get a copy of a manual for my didier splitter. I looks just like the one that is seen in several postings on this thread. my email is [email protected]. thanks

Thanks you

Todd,

Files are already on the way to you.

The manuals won't help with replacement seals as Didier is no longer in business. Your best bet is to connect with either a farm implement dealer or hydraulic parts store for replacemtn seals.

I took my entire cylinder in to a farm implement store. They located comparable parts, installed the new parts and I was out the door for around $80.

PS I think the largest stock tonnage Didier made was 12T. If you are sure yours in more T's, then it may have been altered from original equipment.

Shari
Thanks Got the file and I will take it to the local farm equipment store.. tx Todd

Manuals for Didier wood splitter

Hello, im looking for the manuals that came with the didier woodsplitter(model# UDR-24372-B). My father-in-law bought 1 from Montgomery Wards many years ago, and i would like to get a hold of those. My wife and I have been burning wood for a few years now and this is the machine that we use to split the wood. I must say that it has been an excellent splitter for us, but some of the parts are looking pretty rough and i would like to do a little rehab on it. Plus it would just be nice to have the manual it came with. Thank you. e-mail is [email protected]

Your manual is on its way to your email address. Hope it helps.

Tom

Hello, im looking for the manuals that came with the didier woodsplitter(model# UDR-24372-B). My father-in-law bought 1 from Montgomery Wards many years ago, and i would like to get a hold of those. My wife and I have been burning wood for a few years now and this is the machine that we use to split the wood. I must say that it has been an excellent splitter for us, but some of the parts are looking pretty rough and i would like to do a little rehab on it. Plus it would just be nice to have the manual it came with. Thank you. e-mail is [email protected]

Back