Didn't get the saw I wanted, but..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark2496

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
seems like I did get a smoking deal.
This was about two weeks ago btw

Been looking for a 550xp for a month or so and not having any luck. Finally gave up and decided to try the ms261c-m. Went to four or five dealers that had every model but that. Tried the last (sort of) local place and there it was.

Asked the salesman, how much?
Him- $620.00.
Asked if he had one with a 20" bar (I pretty much only cut pine)
Him- No but I can put one on for you.
He looks at the bars and doesn't have one that fits.
I say, do you have a 550xp hiding around here?
Him< no, but I have this 555.
I tell him I'm not looking to spend any more than 620. I tell him thanks and start to leave. He pulls out a 562xp and says "this is the saw you want"
I laugh and say thanks but not gonna spend that much money.
Him- "what if I said Id sell it for the same price as the little stihl your looking at?"
Me- "Sold"
I grabbed a 6 pack of mix and they didn't charge me, when I asked why they said if you pick up the mix they throw it in with the saw and double your warranty. Now I'm thinkin I should go buy a lotto ticket! (i did, and didnt win)

So I bought a 2016 562xp. Put about 10-12 tanks of gas through it getting firewood and I've gotta say so far its the easiest starting saw I've owned. Now I have to buy 24" chains! I'll probably buy a 20" bar for it too. It is so much fun to fell trees with it!

I'm pretty jacked about it so I had to tell someone :happybanana:

Damn good buy... I haven't got to run one, please let us now how she turns out for you!!!!!

Latest posts

Back