difference between power match and power match plus?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morning wood

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I used my saw at work so they told me to run it up to the saw shop and get whatever i needed for it. It doesn't need a whole lot so I got a new bar and chain slightly larger than the one it had-20" up to 24". He had a selection of bars on the wall but the only ones that would fit my saw were a oregon powermatch and a forester. I chose the oregon mainly because I didn't like the small oiler holes on the forester. While he was putting it on I was looking at the other bars and noticed some of the powermatches were plus. When i got back to a computer i looked up the numbers and it comes as a powermatch plus. what gives?

I used my saw at work so they told me to run it up to the saw shop and get whatever i needed for it. It doesn't need a whole lot so I got a new bar and chain slightly larger than the one it had-20" up to 24". He had a selection of bars on the wall but the only ones that would fit my saw were a oregon powermatch and a forester. I chose the oregon mainly because I didn't like the small oiler holes on the forester. While he was putting it on I was looking at the other bars and noticed some of the powermatches were plus. When i got back to a computer i looked up the numbers and it comes as a powermatch plus. what gives?
Only difference is paint and it won't be there long.

ok thanks. It didn't look like anything other than a marketing ploy to me. I plan on wearing the paint off in short order

I think it has to do with some smaller differences that don't matter much, like different oil holes? :msp_confused:

I think it has to do with some smaller differences that don't matter much, like different oil holes? :msp_confused:

May be IDK, but my guess is the one he pulled off the wall was stenciled before the marketing gimmick of adding the plus under power match trade mark. In either case they are a good quality bar. Stihl bars look better longer tho, plus I like em.
so there
Plus, the're all stingy with oil now days...

I believe the only diff is the plus bars have the lubri-dam and the lubri-jet, one is a small dam to prevent excess oil dripping out the tail and the other is the hole is angle drilled for better lubrication.

Back