Dilema

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch1957

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was given a Stihl 028 AV Wood Boss ChainSaw that has a scored cylinder. My dilema is should I buy the Jug & Piston assembly and get it back to its functionable condition where I can possibly Re-Sell it or shall I just junk it ?

Kinda between a Rock & A Hard Place on this One !

Thanks.

Buy a used cylinder and piston (assuming it really needs a cylinder...). For small $ yould have a nice saw again, then either cut wood or sell it.

Butch1957

The 028 is one of my all time favs! easy to fix if you chose, it may not need a cylinder, they were among the first to be coated with what they called then "lifetime Cylinders" Let me know if your chose to scrap it as I would buy it from you.

Kevin

hello, like you, I was given a stihl 036 pro with a scored cylinder. I ordered a piston and cylinder off ebay and repaired the saw. after doing some research on this sight I decided to see if the original cylinder would clean up and it looked like new in less than 20 minutes. if I would have known I could have saved some money. I have repaired 3 more saws sence then and all jugs cleaned up fine. You never know a piston and rings might be all it takes to have a nice saw. good luck with your project. Rick!!!!!!!

Back