Directing a tree's fall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will probably not fall 90 degrees from the notch direction. However, if you don't move anything please hire someone with a good video camera for the event. The look on your face will be priceless when the tree lands on the camper and you will be able to sell the video to at least pay your insurance deductible.

Plan B: Move everything.

The tree may even be posessed!

Be careful out there. This tree felling stuff ain't for sissies.

Don't forget proper PPE.

attachment.php

Uh, Del? In this thread we're trying to help Preston. It's that other thread that we're all arguing with each other.

Try to stay up, okay? :laugh:

trick a retired faller taught me was to hold your axe handle like a plumb bob and sight the lean of the tree with that if in question of lean

It's leaning just slightly where I need it to go. I'm pretty sure I would be ok, but the camper is going to be moved.

No offense, Preston, but my first reaction to your first post was move everything within reach of the tree and get someone else to fall it. However, if you think you are up to it then move everything within reach of the tree and be careful as you fall it. Ron

It's a 12 inch tree!! You could karate chop that down in the right direction.

No offense taken Ron. My original question was just what the chances were that the tree, a 12 red oak, could fall 90 degrees to the notch. I dropped 6 on my place in the last 3 week. I was just looking for opinions. I got some. :msp_thumbup:

The frosting on the cupcake is that "Animal Friendly" license plate.:laugh:

Mr. HE:cool:

Back