Dirt bike cylinder on a saw ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my buddy neil fitted a turbo to his 2 stroke sled. he is a member here. he told me it functioned mint. i'll send him a text tomorrow to see if he'll post here. he's not on all that often these days.

Ive been down that road.. Usually the guys running a turbo put a closed oil system on their sleds with an electric pump & resevoir.. OR they run an AeroCharger that has a self contained oil bath. Putting something that size on a saw, would double the size & weight of the saw. Although STILL a good idea..

Ive been down that road.. Usually the guys running a turbo put a closed oil system on their sleds with an electric pump & resevoir.. OR they run an AeroCharger that has a self contained oil bath. Putting something that size on a saw, would double the size & weight of the saw. Although STILL a good idea..

not sure i'd be down with doubling the weight though :givebeer:

Your limited to 80cc otherwise weight and size becomes an issue ... just my 2 cents

What abot an sealed bearing turbo wouldn't that be a better idea

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What abot an sealed bearing turbo wouldn't that be a better idea

I dont think your going to get a bearing that can be sealed and handle the RPMs it would be spinning.. a grease sealed bearing would explode at that speed. i dont think that it would be practical..

Ceramic ball bearings require little oil, but I don't know of any TINY turbos with them, they're usually in the larger sizes.

Second problem would be the carb, I don't think the impulse style pump could overcome the turbo pressure, so you'd need a draw-through system, and they have tons of problems of their own..

If you want a full reed valve saw engine look no further than the old homelites... the Super XL is reed, and I think the XL12's were too.. in all likelyhood the whole lineup of the time was.

2100 ftw.

I have an idea that *might* work on a saw like a 2100, though I will keep that idea to myself for now.

red or orange? red one has reed.

I haven't seen any 2100's with reeds. The red superXL I had apart I think had 4 reeds in a 'square' arrangement

I haven't seen any 2100's with reeds. The red superXL I had apart I think had 4 reeds in a 'square' arrangement

Homelite 2100 has 6 reed petals in an octagon shaped block

Latest posts

Back