Dirty Hands log splitter leaking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pajeepman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 2019 DHT 25 ton log splitter. The cylinder started leaking. Anybody have a part # for a repacking kit for the cylinder? Bummer is it has less than 10 cords split and it's leaking.
Anybody know of part # of a new cylinder to just replace it with? I have read people have had them leak, fixed and leak again or had DHT send new cylinder and have had issues with replacement also. DHT is no help anymore as they seem to be out of business or in the middle of bankruptcy.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

At the very least, you could take it to a local hydraulic repair shop to have them re-seal it. If it's toast, you can get another one from them, or talk to them about getting a slightly different one that may work better. (cylinder)

I have a 2019 DHT 25 ton log splitter. The cylinder started leaking. Anybody have a part # for a repacking kit for the cylinder? Bummer is it has less than 10 cords split and it's leaking.
Anybody know of part # of a new cylinder to just replace it with? I have read people have had them leak, fixed and leak again or had DHT send new cylinder and have had issues with replacement also. DHT is no help anymore as they seem to be out of business or in the middle of bankruptcy.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
I just had a local shop in MN repair my 35 ton DHT cylinder. Works great. After 8 years, I can't complain but it was $450.00 Quality parts and service, but expensive. I would still recommend a quality shop. Just my opinion,...

Latest posts

Back