Disappointed in Jonsered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pcoz88

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I went to the the "Offical" Paul bunyon show and did not find one Jonsered anything.What gives?????:angry: :confused: :confused:

because Husqvarna sponsored the event. Because Jred is made by Husqvarna, they come second. Husky is the bigger name. Can't have two of the same product there for people to compare and say, hey thats the same saw only red and $100 more.

Sorry, but the truth sometimes hurts.

Husky wins eather way. Jonnys cost less around here.
Maybe no dealer did not want to go to the show. or the did not know about it.
Besides Paul Bunyon came from Michigan. Oscoda to be exact.

Asked the dealers that I use and they were not interested in going. They would have to close shop in the beginning of the busy season and are no longer interested. They were having a great week and did not want to break stride. They sold a couple of 59s while I was cruising the Stens catalog and had a phone order for more come in. It was a busy busy store. I did not get to everything I wanted to because I did not want to keep them from customers that do not come in twice a week, I can wait. Figured I should let them have some other peoples money.:)

<i>Besides Paul Bunyon came from Michigan. Oscoda to be exact.</i>

I seem to remember something about an Oscoda newspaper editor writing stories about Bunyan back around 1910.

But the Red River Lumber company, of Akeley, MN was using an image of him as a company logo in 1895. This followed an ad ampaign using Disney-like stories of his exploits,

Bonyenne was a French name that sounds like another french word for something like "good grief" and was applied to stories of various local heroes in Canada. A lot of these stories came into the northern US from French woodsmen...not all of the Acadiens went to Lousiana to become Cajuns, and lots of quebecers came here to work in the woods a few decades after the Brits booted the Acadiens out of Eastern Canada.

A lot of these tales sound suspiciously like folk tales back in Europe, not just France, but also in Scandinavia and eastern Europe.

So maybe Bunyan really came from Russia, or Finland, or France, ...

I had to write a report on folk heroes in school a few hundred years ago...sorry, that's all I remember!

Back