Disappointed with my 372xp...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4. When you pull a b&c off the powerhead only back the tensioner off 1-2 turns. Even if you're putting on a new chain it won't change more than 6 or so turns.

I don't recommend swapping the tensioner to the inside of the bar. It's even worse.

I like the front tensioner better than the cover mounted one. I like side mounted tensioners as long as they are not in the cover.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

4. When you pull a b&c off the powerhead only back the tensioner off 1-2 turns. Even if you're putting on a new chain it won't change more than 6 or so turns.

I don't recommend swapping the tensioner to the inside of the bar. It's even worse.

I like the front tensioner better than the cover mounted one. I like side mounted tensioners as long as they are not in the cover.

That post got all messed up. Sorry, don't know how that happened.

I guess if you keep the full wrap the inside tensioner might be better. It isn't very functional to use a scrench and it's pretty easy to poke youself with the spikes, but with a flathead screwdriver it isn't too bad.

My experience is mostly with 394/395 and long bars, which are always a little more hassle. When I switched over from a Stihl 066 I really disliked the outboard clutch and inside tensioner. Once I realized how much more snort the Huskies had, I wrote the inconvenience off as an acceptable sacrifice. Later I realized the inboard clutch had smoked the bearings in the 066. Live and learn.

I run mostly Stihl but I do have two 372s. The only complaint I have is the Husqvarna fasteners coming loose. I try to check them regularly but one seems to loosen up anyway. I bought my latest 372 on Letgo for a good price and it has become the saw that stays in the truck (along with my all time favorite saw, the Stihl MS150). Because of this it sees quite a bit of use on blowdowns and the like.

Not new. I was introduced to them when the 150t came out 4 or 5 years ago but I think the model has a long history. Both the tophandle and rear handle varieties are fantastic. The MS 170 is also a terrific limber and delicate cutter. I think a lot of the magic is in the weight, fuel economy and the b&c.

None of those saws are anything like a 372. Axe vs pocket knife.

Not new. I was introduced to them when the 150t came out 4 or 5 years ago but I think the model has a long history. Both the tophandle and rear handle varieties are fantastic. The MS 170 is also a terrific limber and delicate cutter. I think a lot of the magic is in the weight, fuel economy and the b&c.

None of those saws are anything like a 372. Axe vs pocket knife.
Thanks, I figured it was older because of the lower number, they usually go up not down.

Its maybe not the saw for you. That was a huge advancement when they put the adjuster at the side instead of the front.

Well if its a low top (small flock or mesh filter) you split it in half to clean properly. The dust goes through the mesh if you cut a lot of snags. If I ran a low top then I will not use mesh. I find powder laundry soap and very hot water and let it soak and change water and repeat. For daily use, I just tap them clean will bar wrench. In a pinch I will use mix gas because that's all a have. Inspect it for breaks as some people scrape them with the bar wrench. If needed get a new one. (flock)

These are two things that are not a pain in the azz ^^

The choke and on/off switch and the trigger locks and vents (in cold enviroments) are the four main problems for me.

So if 'you' like the saw then you get an air box vent and a better switch and connections installed. Then you can hot pin the choke and clip or pin it. I constantly snap them off flush on the pull end so I burn another hole on that end and put a wire and floppy tag to pull it out.

Latest posts

Back