Disaster Cleanup Disaster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Treeseer, didn't you have an article printed somewhere to the effect of "Give Me Mitigation, or Give Me Death"? Sometimes you have to do something that you ordinarily would not do to try to save 60 or a hundred years of growth. There might be an argument in that which would make sense to a court.
there may be a lot of better tools they could use too. i'm just a little befuddled at how a condo manager can just send a bill without sending the city letter. does not seem valid without that backup.

Sprig, Your reaction to this is much the same of my fathers and myself. With that said, I also know that in the Court systems today, things are always as black and white and they seem. I certainly want to be as prepared as possible for anything that comes my way, and again, i appreciate everyones opinion on the matter.

Treeseer, It also seemed to me like much of the information was missing. It also seems suspicious that someone would simply ask for the payment or to forward it to the insurance company. I too agree with Sprig that this is probably about insurance money. As soon as i get council ill be sure to get that letter (if it exists).

Thanks, James

he sent you a demand letter? for over $200,00.00!!! what does the complaint state? what is the violation? and there should be a reference ex: (lawson vs james circuit court common pleas 1998)

of course this depends on the state the suit is filed in......which should be the state in which you the defendant reside.

your contract(tell us you had one signed) will dictate the terms as long as they dont interfere with the law/ordinance etc... also for the suit to be valid it would of been filed in court and been served or sent with seal,date & witness(usually through prothonatary`s office). almost sounds to me like some sort of scam or bully tactic to get rich quick!!!

good luck take care LXT.............

Don't pay a lawyer call your insurance company thats the 1st thing that should be done. Thats what they are for, you were insured to work out of state right? Then get those pics out of the computer, just keep checking around till you find someone to do it at a fair price how about a tech school

It seems that any court would be able to see that you weren't doing standard pruning- you were doing crown restoration.

If you did the work right, then you should be commended for what you did.

Have you been paid already for the work you did?

love
nick

hi,
i live in Ft. Lauderdale area very close to Sunrise (University Dr. and I-595). Broward was hit so bad by Wilma, that as long as you didn't top them or hat rack them, you should be fine. all city arborists understand what happened and it's unavoidable that the trees look like crap afterwards. every tree in the county was mangled and deformed. like i said, unless you hat racked or topped, you pruned just like we all did with the limitations you had to work with.

what's the condo called? i'm really curious what the trees look like that they feel it's worth litigation. can you send me the info privately?

thanks

Condos

Get with Tree Innovator ASAP for pics. Please post the tree co name or pm me. I'm in Ft Lauderdale every other day. Remember...all the condos here are still broke. The storm wasn't your fault. All their escrows are gone. They can't fix roofs, reseal their parking ares, pay the guards in the little guardhouses, afford to keep their pool and spa clean, it's one or the other. I had a person tell me she hasn't been able to use their sauna since Wilma. Oh, the injustice of it all. Dollar to a doughnut their trees are fine and looking for deep pockets.

me again

I forgot, I'm ISA certified and been here over 45 years, cutting for twenty. I know most of the crooks but new ones show up daily. PM me the name of the condo as well please

Back