Discone 50 pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koa Man

Kahuna giganticus
Reaction score
Many have wondered what or how the DC series Conehead chippers operate. Here are some pictures. The first picture is the control panel. There is no button to press and hold while turning the starter. No throttle to pull out or push in either. The red switch on the left side is the throttle control. You start and stop on low. After starting and engaging the clutch, you just flip the switch to high and it throttles it up for you. Shutting down is just the opposite.

Chips cut with the blades get pushed into the disc paddles which are about 4 inches wide. They not only get physically batted out, the same paddles create a tremendous airflow and will shake the branches of trees 30 ft. away. I have not chipped with this machine yet. I have only started it up and ran it at full throttle. I do know there is no way stuff is going to get clogged up in this baby.

Koa,

I'd like to know how your machine performs when you've put it to the test. Keep us updated.

Thanks

It is about as user friendly as it can get. Blade changing is extremely easy. Automatic throttle, you can disconnect the autofeed by flipping a switch. All the other chippers I have seen with autofeed needed to be unplugged or some electrical wires unscrewed. I really want to try this chipper out, but I will be advertising as a new chipper for sale, so I can't be using it on my own jobs. First interested person will no doubt want to see it in action, and I can test it out at that time.

I don't know if it is cheaper to make, probably is. It looks like the Discone design will enable the chipper to have a much stronger discharge vs a regular drum. As I mentioned earlier, the discharge airflow is extremely strong. That is what we need for chipping some of the stuff we have here, like palm fronds and vines. I personally like it....just chomping at the bit to run some stuff through it, but don't want the first potential buyer to see that it has be already used.

Latest posts

Back