Disease or normal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drunk bird

Hi Mark. Thanks for the reply. I feel a bit like a fool, worrying for nothing about the ivy killing my trees. Not to mention how I exhausted myself sawing pieces out of the vines. Had I known that they were harmless, I would have left them alone (putting aside that I think the hairy things are ugly).

On the bird front, it's the same silly bird - the others are happily eating from the feeder. Poor thing. I've been in this house for 7 months now and for the first 4, a Cardinal slammed into the window, almost daily. Ugh.:dizzy:

jill

No problem. Like I said, the biggest concern are towards people (small children), pets and looks. One thing, if you do get rid of it, don't chip it or burn it. Very nasty stuff for the lungs/eyes.

Mark Currie

Poison Ivy it is then. Thanks for clarifying. So...are poison ivy vines that spiral up an entire tree and onto its branches not harmful to the tree? Someone along the line said that and I wanted to verify, since I had previously been told otherwise.

Thanks!

(PS - today's country issue is a bird repeatedly flying into a huge fixed one-way window that is directly behind a pine. But...that's an issue for a different forum). If there was a smily face drinking a shot of tequila, I'd insert that here.

jill
To stop your suicidal bird, try one of those predator eye ball plastic decorations, or else put a cardboard cutout of the picture of a hawk or owl in the window.:dizzy: :dizzy:

No problem. Like I said, the biggest concern are towards people (small children), pets and looks. One thing, if you do get rid of it, don't chip it or burn it. Very nasty stuff for the lungs/eyes.

+1 +1 +1 +1 on the no chipping!

I am just about halfway through a 12 day steroid pack to get rid of PI from where a pine log covered in PI (3" stem) was accidentally sent through the chipper. :censored: :cry:

Back