dissecting an earthquake chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you guys adjusting your carbs with? Sorry if I missed it. Only thing Ive found was the single D tool on ebay for 15 bucks. Didnt know if there was a way out of buying one or not. I should have my other 2 fired up today!

I bought a double d tool on ebay for like 11.89 with free shipping....search double d carb tool....its the one with the orangeish background

What are you guys adjusting your carbs with? Sorry if I missed it. Only thing Ive found was the single D tool on ebay for 15 bucks. Didnt know if there was a way out of buying one or not. I should have my other 2 fired up today!

take your dremel with a thin cutting disk and notch the ends,,, mine was already set for a flat tip screw driver

Hey, H 2H, what's the progress on yours?

Waiting on stickers here and waiting on some good weather

Today it was below freezing when I woke up it's above freezing now but not by much; the wind and rain makes it feel like something in the 20's it's kinda a warm fire day and football on the TV type of day here in the PNW. I haven't been able to do much the last couple day's on the "HUSKYQUAKE" I'm getting ready for Christmas (I'm told) to many things happening here we lost the front room TV yesterday so I had to go another TV yesterday each place I went was packed with Christmas shoppers

Waiting on stickers here and waiting on some good weather

Today it was below freezing when I woke up it's above freezing now but not by much; the wind and rain makes it feel like something in the 20's it's kinda a warm fire day and football on the TV type of day here in the PNW. I haven't been able to do much the last couple day's on the "HUSKYQUAKE" I'm getting ready for Christmas (I'm told) to many things happening here we lost the front room TV yesterday so I had to go another TV yesterday each place I went was packed with Christmas shoppers

Hahaha I'm told too....I think though I am going to be done with it tonight! :clap: After santa pictures with the dogs and going to the dog park and putting up outside decorations in 25 degree weather!

Well, the temptations overcame me and I am now anxiously awaiting at my doorstep for an EARTHQUAKE CS3816 chainsaw.

Hopefully I'll get something, I'd probably be satisfied with a bar and chain.

Guys... These saws are all made by one Chinese company, they are not copied off of other Chinese saws, that would be ridiculous. Do a little research on your own, you may end up in alibaba.com or similar and you'll get a manufacturer name eventually, find their site, you'll see what I'm talking about. these guys will let you choose your own colour scheme and logo, including what to put on the bar ("MASSIVE 20" PULLER" that's what I'd choose! -- now that would sell!) and they'll happily stamp it on, inject whatever plastic in whatever colour you wanted, assemble it, put it in a container and send it to your local harbour assuming you wanted several 1000s of these.

There are several (but 2-3 main ones) engine manufacturers for chainsaws in China, same deal. Some companies will simply order the engines and assemble the chainsaws themselves. There are other companies that simply buy the parts, put a few screws together and resell.

You may end up paying 10 bucks for an oiler worm drive, the cost in china is $0.15 to the customer in medium quantities. Manufacturing costs are minimal specially for injected plastic in high volume.

Whether they began by copying an echo or not, that's up for debate. There are Chinese copies of Walbro carbs (also Zama) so that's not a surprise at all. They would rather copy something that works for them than having to deal with the R&D, which I still believe they suck on.

I'm willing to bet if you live in China and you consider yourself an engineer, you'll have on your CV something along the lines of "can copy anything". But can China even design a pair of underwear without having your balls pop out of the seams?

Guys... These saws are all made by one Chinese company, they are not copied off of other Chinese saws, that would be ridiculous. Do a little research on your own, you may end up in alibaba.com or similar and you'll get a manufacturer name eventually, find their site, you'll see what I'm talking about. these guys will let you choose your own colour scheme and logo, including what to put on the bar ("MASSIVE 20" PULLER" that's what I'd choose! -- now that would sell!) and they'll happily stamp it on, inject whatever plastic in whatever colour you wanted, assemble it, put it in a container and send it to your local harbour assuming you wanted several 1000s of these.

There are several (but 2-3 main ones) engine manufacturers for chainsaws in China, same deal. Some companies will simply order the engines and assemble the chainsaws themselves. There are other companies that simply buy the parts, put a few screws together and resell.

You may end up paying 10 bucks for an oiler worm drive, the cost in china is $0.15 to the customer in medium quantities. Manufacturing costs are minimal specially for injected plastic in high volume.

Whether they began by copying an echo or not, that's up for debate. There are Chinese copies of Walbro carbs (also Zama) so that's not a surprise at all. They would rather copy something that works for them than having to deal with the R&D, which I still believe they suck on.

I'm willing to bet if you live in China and you consider yourself an engineer, you'll have on your CV something along the lines of "can copy anything". But can China even design a pair of underwear without having your balls pop out of the seams?

you are not getting the point to this thread,,,,, it for FREAKING FUN,,, a few of the guys got a bad one,, and many of us got good ones,, even with the smoked ones the b/c are worth what we all paid,,, like on mine when it either blows up or something falls apart i will put it back on fleabay and sell it as a parts saw,, i am going to run the piss out of it and see what happens,, in the next few weeks dhibbs75 and i are taking down 3 big oak trees,, well guess what,, my earthquake will be the number 1 saw to use just for sh*** and giggles,, what the heck,, if i can cut 1 cord of wood with it then it will have more then paid for itself,,, go on fleabay gushh and buy yourself one and have fun with it

You put a Stihl chain on them and they cut really good the chain that comes with it just doesn't stay sharp :msp_wink:

I'm trying a different carb I hope today but like "I was told" the other day it's Christmas time :dizzy:

That chain has a date with my 511, we will see if I can make it cut like it should.

Husquake lives!:rock:

The sticker guy is starting to make me upset the stickers there were suppose to be here last week he most be rapping sprint cars

Saw runs good the way it is but I always have to try something different with any saw I own :msp_w00t:

I even haven't had time for my other new saw yet :msp_wink:

The bar is not done yet, Jr is going to inlay the "chop suey " name and do some kind of fade, he saw the picture I posted and said that was like photographing a bowl of batter and calling it a wedding cake.

Sounds like an old folk post! Irritable, cranky, crabby, etc. Getting saggy nuts too!:hmm3grin2orange: Gonna have to get yourself a ball bra so ya wont be giving them a dunk when you're takin a pee!

I got my 38 cc model today, looks to have been bench tested and no more. Never been in wood. It has a shiny p&c and fired up on the 3rd pull. Now it took some revving to get the chain to spin so I took the bar and chain off to see the clutch spin while running and it looked to engage normally. So I put it back together and ran it and it seemed to engage the chain better maybe there was oil on the shoes. Not bad for a cheap loaner saw. Now to mod the muffler. And retune. And choose a paint scheme. And buy another. And mod that muffler. And And. And.:jester:
Nick

Ps. Thanks for the heads up o8 I'm gonna rep ya

I got my 38 cc model today, looks to have been bench tested and no more. Never been in wood. It has a shiny p&c and fired up on the 3rd pull. Now it took some revving to get the chain to spin so I took the bar and chain off to see the clutch spin while running and it looked to engage normally. So I put it back together and ran it and it seemed to engage the chain better maybe there was oil on the shoes. Not bad for a cheap loaner saw. Now to mod the muffler. And retune. And choose a paint scheme. And buy another. And mod that muffler. And And. And.:jester:
Nick

Ps. Thanks for the heads up o8 I'm gonna rep ya

That's it; I'm sending mine back it took me a couple more pull's to start mine :jester:

I read in the manual that the clutch will slip for the first two hours or so, then tighten up.
So I will have to cut cookies for two hours before I can mod and tune it. As I have nothing to cut other than splits. Still need to remove the carb and cut a slot in the double d adjusters. Oops might void the warranty :ices_rofl:

I read in the manual that the clutch will slip for the first two hours or so, then tighten up.
So I will have to cut cookies for two hours before I can mod and tune it. As I have nothing to cut other than splits. Still need to remove the carb and cut a slot in the double d adjusters. Oops might void the warranty :ices_rofl:

On both of mine the clutches were excellent...very well done it appears, specially for 40 clams!

Back