dissecting an earthquake chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everybody else will order these saws and they'll all run per()ect.

I'll order one at it'll be in peices... :msp_sneaky:

Me too. I have high hopes.

Well you can wish in one hand and crap in the other....:laugh: seriously though, my first one was scored....still has 125psi and the honing lines are still visible in the scoring.

And, blsnelling said in a post that for my elevation, at sea level this thing would be at about 140...not too shabby! (I know, a bit of a stretch on the optimistic psi level).

View attachment 266238View attachment 266239

If the photos work, this is a real Ryobi/Redmax. It sold on ebay last winter. It was a ok saw, had to thin the heard. What do you guys think they copied one of these or a Echo???

I think they copied this. If you look at a redmax 3800, it is the spitting image and so is that ryobi of yours. Forward leaning cylinder and all. Looks just like yours too!

This is just crazy...even cheap 16 inch bars and chains would cost me $25. I can't wait to see what I get....:blob2:

I was bummed when I first tired to start mine it took 6 pulls :msp_tongue:

I pulled it apart and checked everything out and there wasn't a mark on cylinder and I cleaned the ports up (lighting them up)

Can't wait to get it back running again but I picked up another saw this week that's kinda taking my time up :msp_tongue:

I was bummed when I first tired to start mine it took 6 pulls :msp_tongue:

I pulled it apart and checked everything out and there wasn't a mark on cylinder and I cleaned the ports up (lighting them up)

Can't wait to get it back running again but I picked up another saw this week that's kinda taking my time up :msp_tongue:

You live in saw country man...can't begin to describe my jealousy....

Well, mine is in pieces and tomorrow I will clean it and the soak the plastic parts in boiling rit dye and let it cool over night...black of course! Im gonna have some stickers made at the sign shop, but I can't decide on the lighting apparatus....I will try to run it off of the coil if I can figure out how to turn 20,000 volts into about 3.5....any electronics guru's out there?

I saw this topic discussed recently, cant remember when, and the consensus was there needed to be some regulator or such that wouldn't work very well for saws. I was thinking about riveting a holder on one for a mini led flashlight. I am by no means a electronic wizard so I might be wrong.

This is just crazy...even cheap 16 inch bars and chains would cost me $25. I can't wait to see what I get....:blob2:

i think the bar alone would cost about 35.00 on the one i have,, it is an 18" bar,, so another 10.00 for the chain,, so thats about what i paid for mine,,, so personally i think i am ahead of the game

Guess what's cookin!

Guess what' in the bucket of blackness....dyeing a horrible death:hmm3grin2orange:

47CF2D89-93B3-49AB-8FFF-FA54F3827548-23632-00001792865480D5.jpg

What are you guys adjusting your carbs with? Sorry if I missed it. Only thing Ive found was the single D tool on ebay for 15 bucks. Didnt know if there was a way out of buying one or not. I should have my other 2 fired up today!

Back