dissecting an earthquake chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loaner saws?

I keep reading, would make a great loaner saw. What the heck is a loaner saw? Don't all your friends have their own saws?

I keep reading, would make a great loaner saw. What the heck is a loaner saw? Don't all your friends have their own saws?

Yeah but that pesky neighbor doesn't have one, and he can hear your saws a blazin.

They kinda trot over, thinkin they're sly, and ask for one!

Started the day at 3.00 am and been running my buns off ever since

Just put the first coat on

View attachment 265356

Already today I took pic's up on Highway 2 early this morning (2 hour on the road) and working on those pic's

Did two different MM's on a couple saw's

Started the day at 3.00 am and been running my buns off ever since

Just put the first coat on

View attachment 265356

Already today I took pic's up on Highway 2 early this morning (2 hour on the road) and working on those pic's

Did two different MM's on a couple saw's

Towards the yak? Where at, leavenworth?

That looks like perfect husky orange! But you are a photographer so....photoshop?

Towards the yak? Where at, leavenworth?

Just this side of Leavenworth; I'm working for a contractor that's building some houses up there as long as he paying travel cost I'm fine with it :msp_smile:

There was an Hitachi top handle saw at the WKY GTG, so maybe one of the Earthquakes will show up at the WKY spring GTG.

Just sold my hitachi top handle on ebay...ran fine but very fat and heavy...also lower on power than this earthquake. I'm waiting for poor feedback since the guy that bought it plans to use it for firewood:laugh:

If there is a PNW GTG, I'll have one and so will H 2 H!

Just sold my hitachi top handle on ebay...ran fine but very fat and heavy...also lower on power than this earthquake. I'm waiting for poor feedback since the guy that bought it plans to use it for firewood:laugh:

If there is a PNW GTG, I'll have one and so will H 2 H!

Menards has those Hitachis for $159, trying to decide if I want to get one of those or the $40 Earthquake.:msp_confused:

Menards has those Hitachis for $159, trying to decide if I want to get one of those or the $40 Earthquake.:msp_confused:

I would get an earthquake...those hitachi top handles are dogs without dawgs...ok for 8" limbs or so, but they are thick and heavy for the output! Find the older tanaka ecs 3301 on fee bay or somewhere, much lighter and slimmer.

I still can't believe how clean the cylinder is on mine

This thing has taking over on my other project saw 044 :msp_sneaky:

Stop rubbing it in...already feel stupid enough for buying two...if the new one is scored then i will lie about it:hmm3grin2orange:

mine had less then 5 minutes on it,, the piston looked new,, there wasn't even any bar oil put in it :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back