dissecting an earthquake chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, my name is Milkman and I'm addicted.

CS 4518 on the way, dag nabbit, I couldn't help myself. I need another saw like I need a.......
The wife don't know 08f150, but that's who I'm blamin'.:(
If it makes you feel any better, I just ordered six more. I plan to give three of 'em away for Christmas gifts and I'm hoarding the rest for a rainy day or something.

I know what happened to me, I was doing fine with resisting and then trophyhunter mentioned that it had a RIM, then posted a picture, I just lost it....:dizzy::dizzy:
If it makes you feel any better, RIM sprocket and fully adjustable oiler.
Quake2_zps9d115051.jpg

I aughta ban every single one of ya. I was just doing my job, being a good moderator, till I came across this thread and figured I'd better check out what sort of no-goodness 08 was up to in here.

Next thing you know, I've got a 4518 on the way.

B###ards!

(I do need a loaner saw, got two brothers and a brother in law. That's my cover story anyhow.)

Thanks for the pics of the muffler. What type of torch did you use? Propane? Butane? Oxy/acetylene? - want to make sure I have enough heat to get the job done....

I should tell you now - it will get worse before it gets better. You might as well make some room 'cause you will be ordering more.

No kidding. I now have three 38s and a 45. I want another 45.

I live on a city lot, have a gas burning fireplace, and have no trees to cut. Did I mention I have over 25 saws? Fortunately I have a large garage!

(I need professional help ....)

Ya know I've been looking this 45 over this morning, don't have a smaller saw to compare it to but the chassis on this thing under the plastics is pretty stout. These things are as good a deal as the Chinese ammo by the case and on the dirt cheap from back in the 80's.

Do any of your guys have some videos up after the mods you do, dang it Im about to buy one lol.

As long as your second and third are the 45cc, then your first can be the 45cc... (Yes the 45cc)

Look at the listed weight of all three... I can't see the benefit to the 38cc being any lighter.

Any of you guy up here in the north country that ice fish would recognize the viper name. eskimo ice augers run viper engines, jiffy uses them too. I hate both of those augers brands but then again they aren't $50 :laugh:
My strikemaster has a solo motor.

As long as your second and third are the 45cc, then your first can be the 45cc... (Yes the 45cc)

Look at the listed weight of all three... I can't see the benefit to the 38cc being any lighter.
ordered... Its out of Cumberland, wis. id imagine I'll see it in a few days.

Any of you guy up here in the north country that ice fish would recognize the viper name. eskimo ice augers run viper engines, jiffy uses them too. I hate both of those augers brands but then again they aren't $50 :laugh:
My strikemaster has a solo motor.

I want one of them big Solo powered Strikemasters, but I doubt it'll make it to the top of my want list this year, unless my old Eskimo pukes dead this winter. I'm not a member of the swiss cheese school of fishing, I might drill 10 holes a day.

Yeah, I had to pay WI sales tax on mine. Shoulda just had you order two. Mine shows shipped already, but Fredex tracking number isn't valid yet. Guess I'll see it Saturday, maybe tomorrow, but not betting on that.

Back