Dixie Log Jack / Cant

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exador

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone had any experience with this tool? 3 1/2 handle w/ removable "T" stand. I need something to lift downed trees 6-12" to cut for removal and firewood. Any other brands out there? Thanks Chris

I have a couple of can't hooks that I purchased from Forestry supply. They look very tough, but I quickly broke one. The steel on mine are very soft, and I actually tore the steel in multiple places ruining one of them. I was putting some good pull on it when I broke it, but the monster handle looks like you could roll over a buick with it.

Anyway, for smaller logs it may serve you well. I am concerned that the T setup "timber jack" may not last, but that is just my opinion.

Good luck.
AI

I use mine...

I have one with a 4 ft. handle. Can't remember where I bought it from, but it works great. A few mods are necessary to get all the potential:

Shorten the hight of the stand, it will increase your leverage. You only need a few inches off the ground anyway.

After you break off the factory tooth, add a few inches to the length and install some plate steel "shark teeth". This makes it possible to grab larger logs, and reduces the tendancy to slip.

-Pat

Latest posts

Back