Do I have the perfect two saw setup??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffbayne

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd throw a couple pics up- just got the big one lettered up.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 235741
View attachment 235742
View attachment 235743
View attachment 235744

Last edited:
Here's the story- I'm a youth pastor, and we do a lot of service related projects. Cutting trees is a great way to help people out. Here in Fort Wayne, we have a bad Ash Bore Beetle problem- lots of dead ash trees around. Anywho, we go out and are able to help lots of people out. I got into climbing two years ago and finally upgraded my 025 to the 064.

The Youth Group's name is "Against The Flow" and the logo is the fish part on the saw and blower.

If you are happy with it, then, yes.

I've found the "perfect 2-saw setup" requires more than two saws!!

Yeah... while i'd consider myself a minimalist... lately I've been spending an hour every night checking Craigslist in all the surrounding areas for what saws are for sale... I have no intention of buying one... CAD has set in, but I'm fighting it!

Seems like a more than reasonable set-up having the MS660 and 200T. No job too big nor small.

BTW, keep fighting that CAD temptation because its deadly... many a strong man have succumbed... :msp_smile:

The perfect two saw plan is going into your shed/garage and picking two saws that you will use today, out of the twenty or so saws on your shelves that are saying "pick me, pick me".

Yeah... while i'd consider myself a minimalist... lately I've been spending an hour every night checking Craigslist in all the surrounding areas for what saws are for sale... I have no intention of buying one... CAD has set in, but I'm fighting it!

Jeff,
you're a youth pastor...you should understand when you get the "calling" you don't fight it....CAD will come to you...no need to fear it ...hehe

My two saw plan is:
2 200t's
2 346's
2 361's
2 440's
2 372's
2 460's
and I can't decide between 2 660's and 2 395's
so I'm looking for a 2nd 395 to help me decide...hehe

If one saw is good..two saws is good-er.

Here's the story- I'm a youth pastor, and we do a lot of service related projects. Cutting trees is a great way to help people out. Here in Fort Wayne, we have a bad Ash Bore Beetle problem- lots of dead ash trees around. Anywho, we go out and are able to help lots of people out. I got into climbing two years ago and finally upgraded my 025 to the 064.

The Youth Group's name is "Against The Flow" and the logo is the fish part on the saw and blower.

Jeff,

I had a 2-saw setup - then I joined this board. I am down to a Stihl 028, Stihl 066, Husqvarna 50 and a Husqvarna 266. I also have a Homelite C-52 that I pull out for fun. I have about 3 saws in various states of dissassembly in my garage. My wife thinks I am nuts.

BTW I am our church's men's ministries leader. I take guys who are interested out to cut firewood and find saws that I fix up for those in need. Cutting and splitting firewood is a great way to bring people together.

I went to Tri-State University (now Trine) in Angola, IN. I used to spend a lot of time in Fort Wayne and have many friends there. I have a couple of friends who are ministers in down there too.

Jeff,

I had a 2-saw setup - then I joined this board. I am down to a Stihl 028, Stihl 066, Husqvarna 50 and a Husqvarna 266. I also have a Homelite C-52 that I pull out for fun. I have about 3 saws in various states of dissassembly in my garage. My wife thinks I am nuts.

BTW I am our church's men's ministries leader. I take guys who are interested out to cut firewood and find saws that I fix up for those in need. Cutting and splitting firewood is a great way to bring people together.

I went to Tri-State University (now Trine) in Angola, IN. I used to spend a lot of time in Fort Wayne and have many friends there. I have a couple of friends who are ministers in down there too.

I wouldn't mind starting a service ministry like that with our church's mens group. Sounds like a good idea. Thanks for sharing guys.
Like others have said, the perfect 2-saw plan actually requires you to have at least 50 saws to choose from.
I'm still in denial about my chainsaw addiction. I can stop any time I want.

Nice set up Jeff, but I've come to accept the perfect two saw setup is a continueing process that evolves with one's age and physical agilities. :hmm3grin2orange:

Back