Sub 57cc Pro Saw with Comp that has the biggest CC gain Big Bore?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta agree, have a ported 346xp and 026. Always ran for the 346xp. Gave the 026 to dad. It's a good runner, but the 346xp is the more powerful smoother running saw.
I had a 026 for a while. Then, tried a friend’s 346…sold the 026, sent my first 346 to Dozer Dan for hot-rodding and never looked back…had it for 20yrs :p. Got a second, just for fun…sent to Chainsaw Jim back when he was doing ok. Great saws!

yes, with an aluminum riser.
I wouldn't mess with any plastic case saw, but I woukd think the bearing effects woukd be minimal if at all.
I would be more concerned about changes in crank case volume, carb bore, ignition module advance curve and crank type. I can't remember if the 346 has a full circle crank or not?

Unknown about case volume,Can't be much different I would think. I thought the coil was the same, along with the carburetor. Plastic case has to flex for sure (pinched bar?) . It should be a low cost intro to 346 performance I would think (OEM cylinder).

Unknown about case volume,Can't be much different I would think. I thought the coil was the same, along with the carburetor. Plastic case has to flex for sure (pinched bar?) . It should be a low cost intro to 346 performance I would think (OEM cylinder).
I woyld be suprised if it wasn't different.

I've done quite a few 350 w/ the 346xp top end in them. Call it the grandpa saw. Very light and plenty of power. Haven't seen or heard of any bearing issues from doing it. Haven't really compared to a stock 346xp, can't be far off on power stock vs stock. Actually have one sitting on my bench I started years ago for myself and haven't gotten around to finishing it off.

I've done quite a few 350 w/ the 346xp top end in them. Call it the grandpa saw. Very light and plenty of power. Haven't seen or heard of any bearing issues from doing it. Haven't really compared to a stock 346xp, can't be far off on power stock vs stock. Actually have one sitting on my bench I started years ago for myself and haven't gotten around to finishing it off.
They are a nice little saw. Can potentially get into a plastic one cheaper than a magnesium one. The mag models are in fact a few ounces lighter though

I don't get it. Why not just run a 70cc saw and be done with it. A 272 for instance is effectively a 162se with a big bore

A Mac 7-10 :) rather light and originally a 54cc

262?

I have 2ea 71cc and 2 ea 65cc and I am 64yo ... fit and healthy ... but want something lighter. I'll probably just be happy with my Echos 50cc and 60cc and tweak them a bit. (They are both new.) Was thinking building a 55cc ... but I have too much money in saws as it is.

Back