Sub 57cc Pro Saw with Comp that has the biggest CC gain Big Bore?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmaster

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Considering building a saw from scratch.
45cc and above; but want to throw on a larger bore.
Want a gain of 5+ cc
Suggestions of what Saw that might be?

Yes more power; less weight.

(my dolmar 64cc has a 20cc gain big bore; just wanting a much lighter saw that is beefed up)

If you are real handy you can make a husky 357 or 359 a 72cc saw with a 272 top end.
I've never done it but seen dynojoe build one on youtube.
I'd be happy with a mildly ported 357 or 359, they're good runners. I just did a "woods" port on one for my bud, it cuts nicely.

Considering building a saw from scratch.
45cc and above; but want to throw on a larger bore.
Want a gain of 5+ cc
Suggestions of what Saw that might be?

Yes more power; less weight.

(my dolmar 64cc has a 20cc gain big bore; just wanting a much lighter saw that is beefed up)
What size bar are you wanting to run?

If you are real handy you can make a husky 357 or 359 a 72cc saw with a 272 top end.
I've never done it but seen dynojoe build one on youtube.
I'd be happy with a mildly ported 357 or 359, they're good runners. I just did a "woods" port on one for my bud, it cuts nicely.

Now yer talkin!

ya big bore cause more problems then they are worth. if you want a light 10lb saw that's got more power than u need for a saw that sized get a 026 ported with machine work done by a pro unless u know what your doing.

here's a 10lb saw pulling a 36in bar, fast no but most 50cc couldn't even pull it.

Just slapping on a big bore kit on any saw is not an upgrade for more speed or power, they are all cheaply made replacements for those too cheap to renew with an OEM set. Big bores generally have poor port shape and placement restricting flow of charge and the squish between the piston crown and cylinder head is often too great so compression is much less than OEM.

ya big bore cause more problems then they are worth. if you want a light 10lb saw that's got more power than u need for a saw that sized get a 026 ported with machine work done by a pro unless u know what your doing.

here's a 10lb saw pulling a 36in bar, fast no but most 50cc couldn't even pull it.

You could use a sun dial to time that thing and that looks like some sort of gopher wood. Any 50cc saw will indeed cut woukd with a 36"bar, just very slow like your 026 did.
Having owned multiple 260's ported by different guys I can honestly saw that saw ported isn't fit to carry the 346xp's lunch pail. The 346 will be faster, have more torque, vibrate less and is a modern saw. The 260 while stone reliable and light was antiquated from the get go. The 026 was likewise antiquated almost from the get go.

You could use a sun dial to time that thing and that looks like some sort of gopher wood. Any 50cc saw will indeed cut woukd with a 36"bar, just very slow like your 026 did.
Having owned multiple 260's ported by different guys I can honestly saw that saw ported isn't fit to carry the 346xp's lunch pail. The 346 will be faster, have more torque, vibrate less and is a modern saw. The 260 while stone reliable and light was antiquated from the get go. The 026 was likewise antiquated almost from the get go.
Not my 026 just some video from youtube to show the OP that he would have no problems running a 24in bar.

But there is a bunch comparing the stock 346xp vs 026/260 and the 346xp is faster but also heavier so you would hope it's quicker.

Ported comparison video's show them to be the same can't say one is any faster than the other so pick whichever you like.

Not my 026 just some video from youtube to show the OP that he would have no problems running a 24in bar.

But there is a bunch comparing the stock 346xp vs 026/260 and the 346xp is faster but also heavier so you would hope it's quicker.

Ported comparison video's show them to be the same can't say one is any faster than the other so pick whichever you like.
A 026/260 will have major problems running a 24" bar..
I dont know about videos on idiot tube, but I can say from alot of expierance running ported and non 346 and 260's. There is no comparison. The 260 is a turd compared to the 346.
You will also no known they the 260 is lighter as the 346 is way more lively in the hands.

I don't get it. Why not just run a 70cc saw and be done with it. A 272 for instance is effectively a 162se with a big bore

A Mac 7-10 :) rather light and originally a 54cc

262?

The real World never will- get it. ;)

Gotta agree, have a ported 346xp and 026. Always ran for the 346xp. Gave the 026 to dad. It's a good runner, but the 346xp is the more powerful smoother running saw.

Back