Homeowner 2 Saw Solutions - Opinions on Sizing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went the 50 and 70 route. Now after getting into even bigger trees I may have to nut up and get a bigger saw yet. Or get the 576 ported, and see how that goes. Decisions, decisions and so many options.

I went the 50 and 70 route. Now after getting into even bigger trees I may have to nut up and get a bigger saw yet. Or get the 576 ported, and see how that goes. Decisions, decisions and so many options.
How big is "bigger"? This will determine if you port or go up to a 90 Plus class.

Nothing the 576 can't handle with a 28 " b&c, but I'm not sure it'll oil it. It doesn't like to pull the 28 as is though.

How big is "bigger"? This will determine if you port or go up to a 90 Plus class.
Along with my 50/70 combo, I figured it would be good to add a 90cc.
20160515_193617.jpg
395XP rebuilt by wigglesworth, used 32" Oregon Reduced Weight picked up for free in a batch of bars, 105dl loop of Stihl 33RS.

A big saw is nice to have my 056 super does not see a lot of use but when it does the job is big enough that the big ol' saw quickly gets it down to size. It also makes that 60cc saw feel like a light Saber :chainsaw:

LOL I am not reading your mind just posting mine. You know you have a 421, I have the 6100, if we join forces we could TAKE OVER THE WORLD world world!
OK maybe not but hey we could get a lot of trees cut down and bucked up.

I sure have a lot of work to do still in my little five acre yard :D

Latest posts

Back